Start a new topic

Known Issues for Orba 2

Hello All. We've created this topic to share some of the known issues that we are currently working on. While not every bug is a quick fix, we do want to be intentional in keeping everyone updated on what's going on behind the scenes with Orba 2.

Android

• When connecting via USB, the app may freeze if USB charging is on
  • Some Android devices are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues
  • UI adjustments are needed for some Android phones
  • Cannot import audio files to create user presets

All Platforms

• The selected key in the app may not be accurate
  • Scrolling presets on mobile devices can accidentally open a preset

4 people like this idea

Hey Kaan.  Just to clarify, the release I'm referring to is an Android 13 update from Google.  

As some of you may know.  Google has released an update with a fix for Android 13 and MIDI over bluetooth.  However, only Pixel phones have opted in.  Other manufacturers did not include the fix in their update.  This is very discouraging to all of us.  If you are using Android 13 on a device other than a Google Pixel, please join us in reaching out to your phone manufacturer and letting them know about the issue of broken MIDI over Bluetooth.  For all the Pixel owners, update your OS and you should be good to go.

Dude, you must be kidding. If a working software does not work with your device afterwards, it means that you are an amateur. Are you aware that you are messing with your work?

Yes. There's something wrong with the latest Key selection dialogue.

Trying to update my firmware via the latest version of Orba 2 app for MacOS. I can connect fine via Bluetooth, but the USB connection is broken, and apparently that's what I need to update the firmware. The device is plugged directly into the Mac (not a hub) with USB-C. In the app, most of the settings are grayed out (see attached) and "No Device Connected" 

I really fascinate by reading your threads they are just amazing to read 

Hello! When I am trying to save my songs, the app (macOS) will load and then will say "no device connected" leaving the song unsaved and the voices set back to default. Would love a solution or a fix to this.

On the phone app (android), when I try to save, I tap the button and nothing happens. As if the button isnt even there.

Any shortcut to turning quantization on/off without connecting to the app or universally within the app. I find the quantization pretty annoying, and my orba device crashes when connected to the android app frequently resulting in settings randomly changing. I.e. quantization might turn on for drums and bass but not for anything else.

Welcome to the clubLOL.. I still have not received Any help with my A2 issues 

Yes me too :(

Hey Britt Artiphon,
 Why cant I get ANY of the new tracks you put out.  Just buzz noise 

We totally understand your frustration, as it's not fun for us either.  We're working with Google to resolve this but, unfortunately, I don't have a definitive timeline.  

All software up to date .Yes
 Seems that the truth is that Orba 2 is just not ready to release :(... We as costumers should not be subject to continuously having to fix-or try to fix a product we have purchased in good faith that it works as described. I really want this thing..I LOVE the concept but at this point it seems only to be a concept. I am so truly disappointed and sad :(
 I have purchased many accessories.... Silicone case, carry case , travel speaker and case for it , cords for connecting, orba 2 to a speaker.. ect.
 The Orba 2 just turning it on and playing it on its own dose not work all the time... like looping out of sync or even clearing the tracts, (A-rec two loops around). It just has many issues :(
 So sad and don't no what else to try. This is my 2nd Orba2, I returned the 1st. The new one sent back is worse than the one I sent back :( Pluss it takes weeks to get one back...
 Just Frustrated :(

@Steve Broderson

I had the same problem.

If you have an older Obra 2 that has been sitting (Firmware 1.0.8 or similar), don't use the Type-C to USB2 cable that it came with, find a Type-C to Type-C cable, and a Windows that has a Type-C port, and then it should recognize it. 

If it's still not recognizing, got to Control Panel > Hardware And Sound > Device and Printers > Add a Device (it should appear as Unkown). Add it, and then again try the cable.

If that doesn't work, try downloading the App, connecting via Bluetooth, find it and connect.  And then again try the cable.

My Orna 2 has not been able to connect to any PC or application. It is unusable and brand new. I submitted a few tickets and nobody is answering. I have been robbed!

Login or Signup to post a comment