Start a new topic

New Orba Players Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to the new Orba forum!

Please introduce yourself, and let us know what you think. We’re eager to hear your thoughts. 

If you come upon an issue, the fastest way to find a solution is by contacting support@artiphon.com. Though we do our best to always respond, your post in this forum could get lost in the more high-volume threads.

You can also feel free to start a new forum thread if you have an interesting discussion point. It could be about anything – the sounds, the industrial design, the app as it continues to be developed, or anything else!

Rock and roll,

Adam from Artiphon

12 people like this idea

"There is no link, it just downloads onto the phone."
There's some context missing here. What downloads onto the phone? By what means and after what other events? Via the play store? If the app is on the play store, you could search it on the play store and provide a link to it. Here, if you search for "orba" under apps:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=orba&c=apps

The results look like the attached image. Can you point out which one of these is the app you're talking about?

I think Lloyd is talking about the beta – you won't find it in the Play store, so need to sign up in order for it to install.

Hi! Still Waiting on mine to arrive. 

I just went to the App Store on my iPhone and typed in Orba and it came up. Orba by Artiphon.
I ordered mine 7/20. I have a receipt, but I keep getting notices that I need to complete my order.
Wow - posted here half an hour ago, perfectly polite but not complimentary - and my post has vanished.   That is totally unacceptable from any company.

No?! Why?! 

JK

Wow - posted here half an hour ago, perfectly polite but not complimentary - and my post has vanished.   That is totally unacceptable from any company.

Given the nature of many of the communications here (and their continued presence), I would suspect a technical glitch before editorial control over comments.

stick a fork in me...i;m done w. this forum and probably this product. i finally got my Orba and have started to do a lot of diff things with it.  have a great Daw that works with it, found great sounds for it, found an additional free x platform daw  with mpe sounds that works on almost any device and does midi over bluetooth well without installing 3rd party apps on android, am an android beta tester, and etc.  

unfortunately I view this product (especially the software and firmware)  as still being in beta stage and my posts here get screened for some reason and most of them never show up for unknown reasons. so no need to bother anymore.  I;m just trying to help out and share info.  I;m keeping my Orba but will spend time with a Roli Lightpad block which is coming today thinking I wont have these sort of issues.  I bought this device because I got tired of waiting for Orba and hearing all the 'fake news' about when we will get it. as luck would have it they are arriving one day apart.

I consider Orba as having a lot of potential. diatribe over. i;m going back to learning and playing music rather than wasting time trying to force something in beta stage to work so i can play music. Lots to like about Orba..they are not quite there yet IMO.

Ah - so the forum was written by the same ex-spurt who writes their apps ;)

Actually - I posted a reply on another thread and spotted a message at the top of the screen saying something like "Posts have to be approved before they appear here" - so it appears that Artiphon are choosing what appears in this forum. 

I've contacted the retailer who sold me this thing - the gadget is awful but could maybe become useable with future software upgrades - but I have zero tolerance of companies that censor polite, detailed feedback on their forums.
So you accept that one post "was approved" but say that I'm being unfair in saying that another post wasn't?

And I absolutely understand about spammers - but nothing in my post is spam, so that's entirely irrelevant, isn't it.

I didn't accept anything. I pointed out that your premise of them censoring negative feedback is observably false. If your post was indeed disapproved, it is not for the reason you assumed.

I think you may just be looking in the wrong thread. There's a post from you that seems to fit that description here.

Thanks Nick but I wrote that afterwards.  The missing post was lengthy and detailed all of the problems encountered as a new user in just one day (and I referred to the missing post in the one you found).

I managed to screen-grab what appears when I post.  Be interested to know if others are seeing the same whenever they post.

It seems that Artiphon is deleting threads criticizing their conduct with the Orba 2 release. As as Orba 1 purchaser, I'm frankly disgusted with this conduct and will never be purchasing from this company again - I bought Orba because of the promises to make it a functional instrument (quantization etc) and that promise was dropped as soon as it was possible to grab more money. Goodbye, Artiphon.
Login or Signup to post a comment