Start a new topic

New Orba Players Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to the new Orba forum!

Please introduce yourself, and let us know what you think. We’re eager to hear your thoughts. 

If you come upon an issue, the fastest way to find a solution is by contacting support@artiphon.com. Though we do our best to always respond, your post in this forum could get lost in the more high-volume threads.

You can also feel free to start a new forum thread if you have an interesting discussion point. It could be about anything – the sounds, the industrial design, the app as it continues to be developed, or anything else!

Rock and roll,

Adam from Artiphon

12 people like this idea

Orba and ROLI software are a match made in heaven. So many dimensions of expression, even compared to ROLI's own controllers. It's what the MPE drums in Noise in particular have been waiting for. Now if only they'd unlock the SWAM packs for third-party hardware…

2 people like this

Hey fellow creators looking forward to the Orba I plan on using it with my roli software and in Reason Studio also on my IOS apps which I have a lot of MPE ones and with my SP 404 SX  and Kaoss Pad 2 and my East West Minstry Of Rock 2 software 

I hope to colab with some people on here 

2 people like this

I’ve seen one person in the comments section of the update page on the Orba kickstarter page that reports getting one on the 4th. This forum is surprisingly empty for this stage in the campaign?

1 person likes this
Not too many people here and I don’t think they’ve shipped any out yet - especially when there is no user created content to be found anywhere on social media.

Hi, I’m a kickstarter backer number 4320 in the US due to my Immense childlike excitement I am unable to “patiently” wait for my Orba. I’m positively twitching. I should be getting my shipping confirmation within the next week and I opted for the expedited shipping so I should have it a couple of weeks baring anymore unforeseen global calamities. Keeping an eye on social media for reports from the early arrivals. I’ll report anything new that happens 

1 person likes this

Hi,

I am a kickstarter supporter from the Czech Republic (EU) and I am really looking forward to holding Orba in my hand. And if Orba arrived until September 1st, when my birthday is, it would be a great gift!

Cheers,

Karel

When will the Orba be available for Switzerland?

I’m in the 4000 range. Ugh. Just wish I knew when

Same. I ordered in 7/20 in the 8000 out of 10,000 range.
I ordered on 7/20 after receiving email that I was selected off the reservation list. It appeared I was in the 7000 range on a list of about 10000. Email had me thinking I was included in the first batch off list going out if I purchased. Now looking at the email, the payment is simply keeping me on the list. I just hope pre-purchase folks get them before retail. That would be a let down.
Is there anyway you can provide people with a shipping time frame? Your site says 2-3 days but I can understand the Orba taking longer. Please just give us an idea of time frame, 10 days after purchase? Sometime in December? We’ve all waited a long time, and waiting is fine, but please give us an idea of when. Thanks.
Heather Buchanon probably not. Regular people don’t even know about Linux much less building software for it. I know, it’s sad isn’t it. The most used operating system on the planet and most companies don’t create software for it. From what I’m reading it appears the desktop app will only work on Mac or Windows so don’t mean to disappoint you but the answer to your question would be no, you can only update the firmware from a Mac or Windows computer. A desktop or laptop computer, not your phone, tablet, or phablet. So if you don’t even have a desktop or laptop computer you can’t update the firmware.

1 person likes this

I have not ordered an Orba yet, but I had a question about the chord functionality.

-I read (I think on the FAQ page) that you can change the chords to be whatever you want, but I don't see a way to do that. Is it/will it be in the song editing menu in the app and/or computer program? If it is how does it work? If i find the chords to a song I like, can I load the chords for that song onto the Orba and save it as a song, then be able to come back to it later through the app?

The Orba seems like a really cool instrument, this is the only thing I have some trepidation on.

1 person likes this

Hi, I'm really excited that the Orba will be on it's way soon!

After looking at the User Manual, I wanted to ask if the firmware update will also be available for Linux? It would be a shame if I couldn't use my Orba! :)

Cheers, and thank-you.

2 people like this

Hi, I'm Lukas and I'm really looking forward to holding Orba in my hands. It's been a pleasure and a fantastic journey following the project through Kickstarter, reading all these great updates, watching video teasers and getting a first impression on what Orba can do.

Playing the drums, the piano and a wee bit of guitar I can't wait to add a whole new level of making music with that wonderful instrument that's coming our way.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your effort at Artiphon!

Cheers,

Lukas

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment