Start a new topic

Orba App for Android: Now in Beta

Update – October 13, 2020

To simplify the beta testing process, we've published the Orba app for Android to the Google Play store. There's no longer any need to fill out the survey. You can simply access the app here.

Thanks!

Adam

Previous post:

The Orba app for Android is currently available for beta testing. If you’re interested in joining this private beta, we’d love to have you check it out. Follow this link to request access and become part of the early app experience! 

We will add all of the new registrations to the program every Monday afternoon.

For everyone else, we will have the Orba app published on the Google Play Store just shortly down the road. 

12 people like this idea

Hi all, 

There has been some great interest (as well as early feedback) in the Orba Android beta. It's a manual process of adding new email addresses to the Google Play backend, so we've begun doing this on a weekly cadence. Every Monday afternoon we will be adding the new registrations to the program. So if you apply on a Friday, you'll just wait a handful of days until you're given access.

Thanks!

Adam 

3 people like this

The Bluetooth connection is unstable, disconnecting randomly. That's probably where the other problems come from, you can't change the presents, save the song, etc. You can't use the app this way.

3 people like this

For those asking about Bluetooth connectivity on Android, we're working out the kinks in this process and look forward to releasing the official Android app as soon as we can. The app is currently still in the beta phase but will be fully functional once beta-testing is complete.

2 people like this

Votes for: Turning Metronome On/Off

2 people like this

installed app on android tablet; ok. but bluetooth (connection to orba) is not stable.

1 person likes this
Can't connect my orba to the app. It's visible on the android Bluetooth devices but doesn't actually connect and therefore the app doesn't join with it

1 person likes this

Latest Android app does not even show a menu (when touching the black Orba next to the Artiphon A) to connect via bluetooth ... So no connexion, so the app is useless :-(

I don't understand why artiphon starts with software that works badly and then replaces it with software that doesn't work at all.

1 person likes this
@Adam McHeffery trying to use the app on my Galaxy Note 8. The app loads up and initially connects to the device but drops the connection. I can't actually upload any different sounds. I am able to do so using the computer so I don't THINK it's my Orba. Any suggestions?

1 person likes this

Just downloaded Android app and tried connecting Orba to bluetooth on my Pixel 2. No go. Keeps failing. Tried connecting Orba to Windows 10 device and it keeps failing. Advice?

1 person likes this

We had a group of early beta test sign ups that received Android version 0.14.22. This version is intended to test a USB cable connection. 0.14.21 is the version that has Bluetooth LE Midi. We are currently trying to enable access for those users.

1 person likes this
Ok if you cared about this product at all, you could have posted some useful criticism. For example, you could emphasize how much more you would enjoy your Orba if the android app would work. Instead you reply to every post with a page long rant that makes you sound like a whiny loser. All you've done is ensured no one takes this thread seriously.

1 person likes this

Good God, guys! The app is still useless? Feeling Unsupported, not such a warm and fuzzy place.

1 person likes this

Now I can connect to the app via Bluetooth, but I cannot change presets. It takes like forever to upload one and then nothing changes on Orba.

1 person likes this

GJ van M - People have never SEEN such a fix, they say "Who could have done such a fix? It's Magnificent!"

1 person likes this
Preset and song files is compatible between windows and android systems?
Login or Signup to post a comment