Start a new topic

Unresponsive Orba? Follow these steps

Follow this article for step-by-step instructions.

1 person likes this idea

Very sorry to hear that. Did you use the latest Orba app version, v0.14.13? If your app did not update automatically, it is also available here: https://artiphon.com/pages/downloads

I've gotten all the same responses with the old version of the app as well as the new updated version.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. It's good to hear some of you have made progress but mine is totally dead and none of the suggested fixes work. Still no word from support which is very frustrating.

1 person likes this

Got my Orba an hour ago. The same issue. Tried to connect Orba to the App on several PCs (Win 10/Win 7). Nothing. Suggestions from this topic didn't work either. Agree, it's kind of frustrating considering the waiting time in general. Filed a ticked with IT. 

Hi there,

same issue (got Orba 2h ago, played 5 sounds, hooked it up, Firmware update, and dead).

After some fuzzing around, it seems I have the right finger acrobatics (at least for mine):

- dead Orga is connected to computer via usb

- Orba desktop app is off

1. start Orba app and open "Settings"

2. locate previously downloaded "Orba_Fw_0.13.19_PreRelease.zip" file and have it ready in an open folder besides Orba app window

3. Press "Shift" at computers keyboard AND Orba´s "Power"-button at the same time

4. Now (with your 3rd hand) click and drag the "Orba_Fw_0.13.19_PreRelease.zip" file into the open "settings" window of orbs app. DO NOT release shift or the power button.

4a. maybe mouse-click once back into orba app

5. if lucky, lights start spinning and flashing

6. When/if 5. occurs (lights start circling) THEN release shift and Power

7. Flashing stops and 2 green LEDs shimmer: all is good

8. Orba apps settings window shows Fw 13.19

9. let it charge.

Works for me so far, no clue if it might die again.

I hope this helps, but it can be complete superstition, too

Hi, thank you. Don't think it should be dome this way. We don't have a third hand ) so I just e-mailed support. 

HEY SUPPORT.  Do you have an actual fix for this that does not involve having a Mac and or three arms.  If not I am going to register a complaint on Kickstarter.  I will be patient until Saturday.  You have my email with pics and other data since last Sunday.   I understand rollout problems but having no official responses that I can see and leaving us to fend for ourselves is very unprofessional.  If any of the people on this thread are actual Artiphon employees please re-post and real info you have an identify yourself as an employee.

Repeating over and over did we download the latest app.  to which the answer is YES.  Does not count.

There is one step we added in the faq

https://artiphon.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/44002017914-what-do-i-do-if-my-orba-is-unresponsive-

It is possible that Orba is charged and in DFU mode (update mode, appears unresponsive) but powered off. Pressing the power button before forcing a firmware update by dragging the firmware file onto the cloud symbol in the app settings can resolve that.

And one last thing I did disable my antivirus hold down everything and tried again  Exactly the same as the last X time it reports that it can't find an Orba.

Been there done that have the teeshirt.  But ever hopeful I tried yet again.

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Downloading Update Info

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Downloading Updater Utilities

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Downloading Updater Util - Capsense Bootloader

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Downloading Updater Util - ESP32

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Downloading Updater Util - DFU

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Uploading Firmware

17 Sep 2020 12:34:49pm - Executing: C:\Users\jbrun\AppData\Roaming\Artiphon\Orba\UpdateUtilities\dfu-util-win\dfu-util.exe -l

17 Sep 2020 12:34:50pm - Unable to update - Orba not connected

17 Sep 2020 12:34:50pm - Upload Failed

I have a MAC and have tried the various different options here to no success.  But hey, did you see we can purchase a protective silicone sleeve for our half round bricks?

Yeah, I would be lying if I said the silicone sleeve announcement didn't rub me the wrong way

Hey Jacob, Paul, and Andrew - I feel your pain, but keep your spirits high. This thing is worth waiting for. Sucks that you may have gotten a lemon but they will get you fixed up. I just closed my own ticket and would urge anyone else on this thread to check and see if you still have an open ticket and close it in order to let tech support get to those in need.

I really enjoyed playing with mine before I tried the update. Totally a cool instrument and can't wait to get it back and functioning!

Login or Signup to post a comment