Start a new topic

Bluetooth issues connecting to the Orba app on IOS

Hi

I've been trying to use my Orba and the Orba app on my iPad Mini 4, using iOS 13.7.  I soon learned that connecting via a USB-C to Lightning connector doesn't work, so I tried using Bluetooth.  Yep, it connects ok but I've noticed when loading presets that things go haywire sometimes.  Occasionally I can upload a preset to the Orba, but at other times the transfer will hang, the connection/upload icon remains in place, with the blue line circling the icon. If I can get out of this screen I've found that the Bluetooth connection has dropped.  Usually I cannot get out and the app hangs. Even if I shut it down, then restart it (even with a shutdown and restart of the Orba) the upload icon is still there.  I have to shut down the iPad totally.

I get none of this when doing a wired connection to my MacBook Pro.  I've yet to try Bluetooth on this machine because I'm not linking to a MIDI app other than the Orba one.

6 people have this problem

Apologies if I've misunderstood, but if you're on iOS 14.2, that's the version that broke Bluetooth LE MIDI; see Arne's post just above yours in the thread. At the moment the only recourse is to install the 14.3 beta, but at least Apple are on the case and trying to clear up their mess on this one.
Login or Signup to post a comment