Start a new topic

Orba presets sharing point

This thread is intended to share custom-made presets.

Follow this other thread to see how the magic happens, https://artiphon.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44001013185.

13 people like this idea

While tinkering with parameters, I happened to create this "theremin-like" preset.

See if you like it.

9 people like this

I followed Andrea's breadcrumbs and it lead me to a sun-dotted forrest glen. In it, I found a number of Orba presets just waiting to be brought home. Please enjoy these presets that I lovingly wildcrafted in my woodsy imagination. I found some deep caves too...

zip
(81.7 KB)
zip
zip
(160 KB)

13 people like this

@Sam These presets are rad! Thanks!

Thanks man! I had a lot of fun with the themes and was surprised they had a bit of their own character. Hope the Orba team likes them too :)

1 person likes this

first experiment

(in near future I'll try do code a simple web based editor)

2 people like this

I've been tinkering with the drum presets and made a mix of the standard presets:

Orba (03 05), Bedroom (01 02), Boomy Booms (04), Cartridge (06 07), Eyes Closed (08 Bump).

5 people like this

Sorry to be off topic but  I'm working on a Preset editor, what values do you use for the coverImageHash and uuid attributes with the base64 encoded image? i.e. coverImageHash="38909232068284" and uuid="1a77c107db6b4875993a1e81689e0e79" For example.

Thanks

Roger

I'm looking for more rock presets and real band sounds. Someone got those for Orba?

At the moment I'm a bit disappointed of the availability of presets and opportunities to load new sounds in the Orba. Not what I expected it to be, to be honest.

1 person likes this

Completely agree, the inability load in my own samples or basic functions just makes the whole device feel like a stepping stone to some sort of subscription service rip-off.

I have so little faith, I've come to start expecting them to roll out a marketplace of 'sound packs' to sell before they even fix song mode.

1 person likes this

Take a look at my Orba Preset Editor in the Hacking Knowledge Base forum on here. to edit Presets.

12 people like this

Here's a preset I made that sends all gestures, and should be easily modifiable to send only a subset

https://github.com/IanHalbwachs/orba-presets/blob/main/All%20Gestures.xml

4 people like this

Chiming in here with my two modified sets of presets, All Diatonic Leads and Only 7th Chords.

I simply modified the standard Chord presets to be 7th chords (and the 7th chord preset to also be a normal chord, why not) and all the Lead voices to use diatonic scale. More Options! ^^

zip
zip

4 people like this

Hi Everyone,

I got my Orba last week and have been enjoying it. Thanks to your work in this forum, I have been fiddling round with presets and have created the ones attached here. A proviso: I am not a coder :-)

As I tinkered around with the presets, I noticed that the Drum ones had interesting notations (A3, m3 for augmented third and minor third, etc.). So... I made a duplicate of a drum preset, edited it to create a new scale, and then dragged it into the folder containing Lead presets (and then re-named it). 

No matter what I do, I cannot create this type of preset if I edit a Lead preset. Also, these presets work only in one key: if you change the key in Orba, they stop working. However, if you are using a DAW, just transpose your work.

As I say, I'm not a coder :-) But if any of you can build on this, that would be great. The Presets are:

• Blues, with an added M7
  • Chromatic - eight semitones
  • Whole tone
  • Melodic minor - kind of...
  • Harmonic minor
  • Double Harmonic - in the style of some Arabic music

All the best,
Stuart

4 people like this

You're a true champion dude.

If Artiphon would just open this little grapefruit up to us, and let the community fix it for them - they'd have an amazing device.

Until then, mine continues to collect dust because I can't get reliable USB, or Bluetooth midi connection.  :(

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment