Start a new topic

Firmware update issue with Orba firmware 0.13.5 and app v0.14.34

UPDATE: Orba app version 0.15.14 fixed the issue with the original factory firmware version 0.13.5 connecting to the app.

We found an issue with Orba firmware 0.13.5, the version that is on many Orbas out of the box, and the Orba app. When connecting an Orba with firmware 0.13.5 the app crashes. We are working on a fix. In the meantime, there is a workaround:

If your app crashes when connecting to a PC or Mac via USB:

Turn Orba off

Press and hold the volume up (+) button

While holding the volume up (+) button, press the power button

Orba shows no LED's, that is normal

Connect Orba to a Mac or Windows computer using a USB cable

Open Orba app version 0.14.34  (available here: 

https://artiphon.com/pages/downloads )

Wait for Orba app to show this screen:

Click "Update"

If that screen does not show up, go to the settings and click on the cloud symbol next to "firmware update" while holding the shift key:

If there is still an issue please contact support@artiphon.com

+1 for the method outlined by Lee, it worked for me. 

it seems

weird

that it worked

but i'm not going to question it.

Lo he conseguido!!!!!

Amigos, hacer esto;

Cuando esta dormido lo enchufas al pc por usb y actualizas, cuando se encienden las luces hace como un tex, lo desenchufas y lo vuelves a enchufar y se actualiza sin mas problema. Ya se que suena raro, pero así lo he conseguido, por desesperación...  XD

I have succeeded !!!!!

Friends, do this;

When it is asleep you plug it into the pc by usb and update, when the lights turn on it does like a text, you unplug it and plug it back in and it updates without further problem. I know it sounds weird, but that's how I managed it, out of desperation ... XD

Orba app version 0.15.14 fixed the issue with the original factory firmware version 0.13.5 connecting to the app.

Just got mine today. Downloaded the software for windows 10 but it won't install. It keeps saying a connection with the server could not be established.

Login or Signup to post a comment