Start a new topic

Is it possible to make it so releasing 1 string doesn't mute all strings

Right now if I press 1 string and strum, releasing that 1 string mutes all the other strings as well. Is it possible to change that?

1 person likes this idea

@Ho Tin Mark Ko

Thanks for reaching out. At this point, there isn't a way to change that feature on the INSTRUMENT 1 just yet. If you have multiple strings pressed and lift all but one finger, the strings continue to ring while the previously held strings mute. So as long as at least one string is held down then the desired effect occurs, but as soon as no fingers are pressed down then everything mutes. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Would the company consider changing that or adding such an option? Because it makes playing it feels really unnatural. 

I'll definitely pass this information along to our development team. We're always looking for ways to improve the INSTRUMENT 1 experience so please feel free to forward more ideas like this our way. 

2 people like this

I just received my Instrument 1 today after enjoying the Orba and being impressed by the string emulation videos for the Instrument 1. This is the thing that's frustrated me most playing around with it; it would be fantastic to have the option to not mute all notes on release.

Login or Signup to post a comment