Start a new topic

Help! Unpredictable behavior when trying to change modes

Hello all - I'm a brand-spanking-new Orba owner. 

I went through the video tutorials, read the whole manual, and have been trying to figure out how to navigate through and use the different modes.

But I'm running into some weird behavior that doesn't match what's in the manual, and it's making it really hard to actually do what I want to do.

For example, if I try to jump from drum to lead, I'll hold A and touch pad 4. But it will sometimes cycle to bass, sometimes stay on drum, and sometimes start recording a loop. The amount of time I hold the A button before pushing pad 4 seems to change the response.

Likewise, when I push and hold the A button, the buttons will all light up white, then after about 1 second, will turn to different colors for each pad. If I release the A button before the LEDs change color, it will (usually) cycle through the instruments as expected. But if I wait until after they change color, it'll usually start recording a loop. Is there any documentation that actually explains WHAT it's doing in this case? 

I'm unable to even follow along with the example looping in the tutorial video because I can't get a predictable response!

I have updated the firmware to the latest version using the Windows app.

2 people have this problem

Thanks for reaching out, Casey. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your new Orba. 

Would you mind reinstalling the firmware on your Orba? You can do this by holding shift and clicking on the update cloud in the settings menu. 

If that doesn't work, would you mind submitting a short video of what's going on to support@artiphon.com so we could better help diagnose what's going on? 

Updating firmware did not seem to alter the behavior. I sent a follow-up video to the support email.

Hello. I just received my Orba and I'm having the exact same issue. Trying to use any functionality that requires you to press A + another button is undpredictable.

Did you ever get resolution to this problem?

Actually, even just using the A button itself is not reliable in my case. Might choose the next instrument, change tempo, or start recording.....

I put in a ticket.

Login or Signup to post a comment