Start a new topic

Arbitration/CA Waiver Opt-Out Info

Hi, I first want to commend/thank Artiphon for creating something as unique and useable as the Orba. I am interested in music, but have no formal training beyond a few instrument classes in elementary school and then in college. I like my other midi controller, but I couldn't help feeling that I was doing something "wrong" since it was made in the form factor of a keyboard, and I didn't know how or necessarily even want to play keyboard. Orba is the first midi controller that just feels natural for me to use. I make no claim that I am a "serious musician", and while I believe Orba could certainly be used at a very deep level, I appreciate something that works for me where I am and can do more as I learn more.

My question is about the Terms of Service for the app/website. I always make sure to opt out of any Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver clauses I find, because even if I trust the company I do business with and they have the best intentions, these clauses are perpetual, and continue to apply even when a company's management changes or it is merged, bought, sold, split, or anything else.

In the current Terms of Service, I only see a means to opt out via physical mail. Since the Terms can only be accepted electronically, and all business between Artiphon and consumers from ordering to troubleshooting and warranty support is conducted electronically, I seriously hope there is an electronic opt-out option as well. Could one send an email or support ticket to do this? Please let me know, thank you!

I want to give credit where it is due: I contacted Artiphon with this question via email and they answered quickly to confirm that we can opt out of arbitration/class action waiver via email.

It's probably not a huge deal to a lot of folks, but it does matter to me, and I really appreciated Artiphon's response.

Hey KJ, I'm glad we were able to help!

Login or Signup to post a comment