Start a new topic

Chord Mixing with example from New Order

I've found that once you record notes, they won't change even if you change the patch or the key afterwards. You can leverage this to record/overdub octave bass or borrow a seventh chord for example. I created a loop of New Order's Perfect kiss using this idea. Sharing..

song

3 people like this idea

I give you.. The Book of Love. I added a bit since the Magnetic Fields' version is so minimal. You can delete the parts you don't want.

Its also fun to play on the Lead voice using just pads 1 with 7-8-6.

song

2 people like this
I'm not much of a singer but I enjoyed this https://youtube.com/shorts/JPphk6RODyM?feature=share

2 people like this

You can download .song files, copy them into the Songs folder (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Artiphon\Orba\Songs on Windows), then load them from the App.

1 person likes this

@ Subskybox

I am sorry to read (in the Hacking thread) that you are taking a break from your exploration of the interior of the Orba.

Anyway. Maybe I can make 3 more requests?

- We are the robots by Kraftwerk

- The Book of love by Magnetic Fields (perfect cover by Peter Gabriel)

- Under Pressure by Queen

Please don't feel obligated to anything. But you'd be doing me a big favor with that.:-)

1 person likes this

Took a stab at the Robots.. The chords seem to disappear when you turn quantize on :( I guess the poor little chip can't handle it.

song

1 person likes this

@GJ van Mulbregt

I just finished the updates to my chord editor, so this is a good song for me to test with. Stay Tuned :)

1 person likes this

Take 5 is an old favourite. I spent a while learning this on Dualo. :-)

https://youtu.be/1KJpy80CNAs

The Orba Diablo fell apart the first time I tried juggling it on a USB cable. But I've got loftier ambitions now, for a triple Orba mounted in a Pool triangle, when my v2 turns up...;-)

Take 5 beckons.

1 person likes this

Just a small correction: the original is by Magnetic Fields; Peter Gabriel covered it ...

1 person likes this

@GJvanMulbregt I never heard this song before but am a fan. It was a bit tricky to get the chords with the Fiddler but it will be much easier when I finish the Editor. Anyways, here's your request :)

song
(79.1 KB)

1 person likes this

Sharing some other cover song loops...

song
song
(87.4 KB)
song

1 person likes this
How do you import the songs that you have created into the orba?

Cool!

Again thank you very much :-)

To be fair, Louise and The Book of Love captured the "feel" of the original better. But that's just how it sounds to me. May be caused by the Orba's limitations. Thanks anyway!

I have a number of other big projects going on, but I accept your challenge. I am a huge Kraftwerk fan, I love the Magnetic Fields and who doesn't love Queen. I won't commit to a timeline but I enjoy creating little loops. Hacking the Orba is rewarding, but its certainly not fun. Creating Loops is the Fun for me. I have some ideas on quantizing but I truly feel Artiphon will release these features in the next few months in coordination with the release of Orba 2. I don't want to spend dozens of hours making something that Artiphon will be releasing soon. Who knows, they might even release custom scales/chords which would destroy all the work I've done.

I don't even know which loop to start with since I love all of those songs!

You're Welcome.. It's quite hard to get perfect timing without quantization. It's also hard to get sounds close to the sounds Kraftwerk were using with such a primitive synth. I was hoping it would come out better too. :) 

Login or Signup to post a comment