Start a new topic

Orba 2 - won't power on out of the box

I was so excited to unbox the new Orba2 when it arrived yesterday. But it wouldn't power on. Charged overnight, still won't power on.

1 person likes this idea

I had to plug mine into my PC with the USB-C cable and then it turned on.   I'm having a similar problem where if I turn it off and let it sit for awhile it won't turn on unless I plug it into my PC.   I'm not sure what the problem is yet.

2 people like this

After a few emails with tech support, they replaced my unit.  New unit seems to be ok so far.  

1 person likes this

Has a solution to this issue been discovered? My son's unit (received as a Christmas gift) appears to be suffering from this issue as well. Not looking forward to the 30 minute drive to Guitar Center to exchange it.

I received my warranty replacement unit and it works as expected.  Fairly quick turn around, about 2 weeks from requesting replacement to delivery of new unit.

If you have power / connection problems on new Orba 2 unit, just request replacement.

Hello I have the same issue. The device turned on for about 10 minutes out of the box, then powered off and wouldn't turn on. I charged it with two different wall chargers (regular and fast charging) for 24-48 hours, it did not help. Plugged in my Mac, still won't power on. Device seems DOA.
Same exact issue here. Turned on out of box but wouldn't connect via Bluetooth to android without persistent disconnection errors. An hour later it won't even turn on regardless of being plugged into the wall, a mac, a phone, etc.

Sorted now with third unit. Took a while but got there in the end.

No power new out of box, no response using hard reset, no change after charging in wall charger, tried Mac app usb connect, no response to power button or after following DFU reset instructions, does this mean brand new unit is dead on arrival, anything else to try, request replacement or just request return and refund?

I am having this same issue as well.  I cannot get the device to power on after it has sat for a few hours without plugging it into a PC.  I've tried the troubleshooting steps for the DFU mode, but it does not seem to do anything except make me update the firmware again.  Opened a ticket, so I guess we will see what happens.

I opened a ticket, so I guess we will see what happens.  Kind of disappointed as I just received the unit yesterday.

Sent mine in for warranty exchange, seems like this recent batch of shipments might all have the same power issue.  We’ll see what happens when I get the replacement.  Support was very easy to work with and get my replacement process started.

Also having this issue out of the box and I've tried every port and cable as well as every recommendation on every thread about this I've seen. Artiphon seems to have a major quality control issue. This is exceedingly common with Orba 2.

I’ve had same issue and been sent a replacement. The replacement also has same issue.

This is ridiculous. About to give up on it now and claim refund.

Check if your Orba2 can connect via Bluetooth. Mine had faulty Bluetooth which was somehow preventing firmware updates from completing. They are shipping me a new one.

That is an interesting possibility.

I was able to get it to connect to my Android via Bluetooth, but every time I tried to change one of the presets it would say it was disconnected.  Is that what yours was doing?

Login or Signup to post a comment