Start a new topic

Known Issues for Orba 2

Hello All. We've created this topic to share some of the known issues that we are currently working on. While not every bug is a quick fix, we do want to be intentional in keeping everyone updated on what's going on behind the scenes with Orba 2.

Android

• When connecting via USB, the app may freeze if USB charging is on
  • Some Android devices are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues
  • UI adjustments are needed for some Android phones
  • Cannot import audio files to create user presets

All Platforms

• The selected key in the app may not be accurate
  • Scrolling presets on mobile devices can accidentally open a preset

4 people like this idea

Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 person likes this

There is a UI refresh problem for MacOS. If I minimize the Orba2 App and then maximize it, it just appears as a black rectangle until I grab the window and move it forcing it to repaint.

@Subskybox, We've got that one documented.  Thanks.

1 person likes this

There is an issue when changing Key or Scale (Major/Minor) in a Lead voice where the scale will automatically jump to Pentatonic even if it is not specified in the voice. For me I can re-create this by loading Orba Diatonic and then switching keys. It will change to Pentatonic. 

I haven't figured out how to re-create this yet. It appears to work when you first turn on Orba 2 and the Orba 2 app.. After some event, it goes back to Pentatonic as mentioned above. I will report back if I figure out the trigger.

Oh that's interesting.  I'll check with the team to make sure they are aware of it.  Thanks.

My Orba 2 has an external speaker problem; when I plug it into my Mac it works fine (using the Macs speakers), as well as when I use headphones with it. However, by itself, the Orba does not make any sound. I got it very recently so I am wondering why it has this problem. 

1 person likes this

Okay. I think I've got it for one scenario but there are others.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load Orba Diatonic Lead Preset
  2. Play the scale (Pads 1-8). It will be a Major scale loaded from the preset.
  3. Go to Edit Key in the Orba 2 App and change to any other key or scale (Major | Minor )

Expected Result:
  • Orba changes to the Key or Scale you chose in #3 (and remains Diatonic)

Actual Result:
  • Orba App incorrectly changes the Orba to be in Pentatonic mode rather than leaving it in Diatonic mode.

1 person likes this

Something wierd is happening with  tunings of  Lead instruments with Pentatonic scale.

1) My expectations are that when choosing Major in app, I will have Major Pentatonic, and Minor corresponds to Minor pentatonic. They seem to be opposed to what they should be, when switching tuning in the app.

2) First change of the tuning in orba app after orba power-on does nothing.  You need to switch tuning back and forth  before it starts actually switching tunings,  and after that I am bumping into #1 issue.

----

In other words, as I see it - Orba2 seems to provide the correct tuning after power off, but  after switching scales in app they start to be opposed to what the supposed be.

Even if I got it wrong and it is really expected to match Minor Pentatonic with Major app setting, and Major Pentatonic with Minor app setting, there is a bug anyway, because after power on Orba2  loads the opposite to what is set when changing tuning in the app. Here are a detailed reproducing steps, I hope for some feedback here.

Reproducing conditions:
Firmware  1.1.7 App version: 1.0.182
Preset:J  iveVibes Lead preset, which has the following factory settings in the xml: key="C" name="Major Pentatonic" tuning="60, 62, 64, 67, 69, 72, 74, 76")

Reproducing recipe A:

Turn off orba2 with C Minor enabled in app. Enable back.

Launch midi monitoring, play pads 1 to 8. Incoming notes:

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 # seems valid, looks like Minor Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is still set to C Minor. Switch to C Major in app.

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 # It is the same as before. Nothing changed, while expected to be Major Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is set to C Major. Switch to C Minor in app.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # now it finally changed. But it is Major, not minor.

From this moment, switching between Major and Minor will produce

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 for Minor

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 for Major.

Reproducing recipe B:

Turn off orba2 with C Major enabled in app. Enable back.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # seems valid, looks like Major Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is still set to C Major. Switch to C Minor in app.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # notes are the same as before, while it was supposed to switch to Minor Pentatonic.

launch orba app, see that it is set to C Minor. Switch to C Major in app.

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 #now it changed. But it is not the expected Major, it is Minor.

From this moment, switching between Major and Minor will produce

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 for Minor

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 for Major.

2 people like this

This may be a common bug that I haven't seen or just me being dumb, but I have issues importing mp3 files with my computer for sounds, a Windows 10 to be exact. When I open the file, it closes the software. if there is a link to a similar problem, please tell me. I'm new to Orba and I hope I can find a solution. Please, and thanks.

Yes. There's something wrong with the latest Key selection dialogue.

Any shortcut to turning quantization on/off without connecting to the app or universally within the app. I find the quantization pretty annoying, and my orba device crashes when connected to the android app frequently resulting in settings randomly changing. I.e. quantization might turn on for drums and bass but not for anything else.

All software up to date .Yes
 Seems that the truth is that Orba 2 is just not ready to release :(... We as costumers should not be subject to continuously having to fix-or try to fix a product we have purchased in good faith that it works as described. I really want this thing..I LOVE the concept but at this point it seems only to be a concept. I am so truly disappointed and sad :(
 I have purchased many accessories.... Silicone case, carry case , travel speaker and case for it , cords for connecting, orba 2 to a speaker.. ect.
 The Orba 2 just turning it on and playing it on its own dose not work all the time... like looping out of sync or even clearing the tracts, (A-rec two loops around). It just has many issues :(
 So sad and don't no what else to try. This is my 2nd Orba2, I returned the 1st. The new one sent back is worse than the one I sent back :( Pluss it takes weeks to get one back...
 Just Frustrated :(

When will the android bluetooth problem be solved? If you do not intend to solve it, I will return the device.
Login or Signup to post a comment