Using the cross-platform ORBA app, presets with a different tuning can be loaded into Orba.
To change keys:
- Open the Orba app
- Select the Pencil icon in the transport bar
- Select Key, and a dropdown menu will appear with different options
- Select your key, and press Save
Orba's Modes interact with the selected key a bit differently.
- Bass Mode is monophonic, meaning only the most recent note is played at a given time. It will play according to the key and scale selected in the app.
- In Chord Mode, each of Orba’s pads triggers multiple notes simultaneously to form a chord in the selected key and scale of the song.
- Lead Mode is a polyphonic (meaning you can play several different notes simultaneously). In most Lead presets, the pads are tuned to a pentatonic scale. If you prefer the traditional major/minor scale, you can select the preset called "Orba Diatonic".
Once you have selected your key and scale, you are all set to make some jams! If you connect to a Daw or other hardware, your key and scale translate through midi also. You can find more on these topics in the online User Manual.