NOTE: This support article is not for Orba 2. If you have an Orba 2, please download the Orba 2 app here.
If Orba is unresponsive and fails to power on even when plugged into a power source, it’s likely that the instrument has entered DFU Mode. This is especially likely if Orba became unresponsive after a firmware update.
First things first: Leave your Orba to charge (using a wall charger) for at least an hour and be sure to update your version of the Orba desktop app (macOS | Windows). The newest version should account for units that become unresponsive after firmware updates.
To exit DFU Mode follow these steps:
1) Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable
2) Open the Orba app and select USB as your connection type. (Windows is USB only)
3) Hold the Volume Up (+) button while you press the Power button for 10 seconds.
Your app should open a window recognizing that your Orba is in DFU mode. From there, follow the prompts to bring your Orba back to life.
If the above procedure does not work:
1) Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable and ensure the Orba app is open.
2) Completely shut down your Orba by holding the Volume Down (-) button while you hold the Power button for 15 seconds.
3)Hold the Volume Up (+) button while you press the Power button for 5 seconds. This forces Orba to enter update mode.
4) Download this firmware file (you don't need to unzip it)
5) Drag the file onto the Firmware Update cloud icon in the settings panel of the Orba app (you may need to restart the app for this to work).
If Orba remains unresponsive please let us know at email@example.com so we can help you troubleshoot the issue further. Please attach a copy of your Firmware Update Log and Debug Log as this will help us diagnose the issue. You can access these files by clicking the Info icon in the settings panel of the Orba desktop app at the bottom right corner of the window: