If Orba is unresponsive and fails to power on even when plugged into a power source, it’s likely that the instrument has entered DFU Mode. This is especially likely if Orba became unresponsive after a firmware update.
First things first: Leave your Orba to charge at least an hour and be sure to update your version of the Orba desktop app (macOS | Windows). The newest version should account for units that become unresponsive after firmware updates.
To exit DFU Mode follow these steps:
- Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down (-) button simultaneously for 15 seconds (you won't see any visual feedback from Orba). This forces Orba to power off.
- Press and hold the Power button on its own for 5 seconds (again, you won't see visual feedback from Orba). This ensures that Orba is powered back on.
Your app should open a window recognizing that your Orba is in DFU mode. From there, follow the prompts to bring your Orba back to life. If Orba powers on at this stage, great! You're done! If not, continue to steps 4-6.
- Open the Settings panel in the Orba App by clicking the A icon in the upper right corner of the Orba desktop app:
- Hold the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Firmware Update cloud icon - This will force Orba to update its firmware to the most current version.
- Wait for the app to restore Orba’s firmware
If the above procedure does not work:
- Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable and ensure the Orba app is open.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up (+) button simultaneously for 2 seconds. This forces Orba to enter update mode.
- Download this firmware file (you don't need to unzip it)
- Drag the file on to the Firmware Update cloud icon in the settings panel of the Orba app (you may need to restart the app for this to work).
If Orba remains unresponsive please let us know at email@example.com so we can help you troubleshoot the issue further. Please attach a copy of your Firmware Update Log and Debug Log as this will help us diagnose the issue. You can access these files by clicking the Info icon in the settings panel of the Orba desktop app at the bottom right corner of the window: