Note: The Orba desktop app required minimum system versions are: Windows 10, MacOS 10.12 .
If Orba is unresponsive and fails to power on even when plugged into a power source, it’s likely that the instrument has entered DFU Mode. This is especially likely if Orba became unresponsive after a firmware update.
To exit DFU Mode follow these steps:
- Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down (-) button simultaneously for 15 seconds (you won't see any visual feedback from Orba). This forces Orba to power off.
- Press and hold the Power button on its own for 5 seconds (again, you won't see visual feedback from Orba). This ensures that Orba is powered back on.
If Orba powers on at this stage, great! You're done! If not, continue to steps 4-6.
- Open the Settings panel in the Orba App by clicking the A icon in the upper right corner of the Orba desktop app:
- Hold the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Firmware Update cloud icon - This will force Orba to update its firmware to the most current version.
- Wait for the app to restore Orba’s firmware
Forcing a firmware update will bring Orba out of DFU Mode and back into normal playing mode.
If the above procedure does not work:
- Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable.
- Press Volume Up, then press the Power button. This forces Orba to enter update mode.
- Download this firmware file (you don't need to unzip it)
- Drag the file on to the Firmware Update cloud icon in the settings panel of the Orba app (you may need to restart the app for this to work).
If Orba remains unresponsive please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you troubleshoot the issue further. Attaching a copy of your Firmware Update Log and Debug Log will help us diagnose the issue. You can access these files by clicking the Info icon in the settings panel of the Orba desktop app at the bottom right corner of the window: