Added compatibility for a USB connection to Android devices.
There's a smarter way to loop! We heard similar feedback from many users that looping could be a bit easier to play, and we agree.
Pickup notes: The looper will accept notes played shortly before the first “1” of the measure and add them to your final measure, right where you played them.
The “A” button no longer needs to be pressed immediately after the loop ends. The loop now ends at the end of the bar the last note was played in (or automatically after 8 bars). We figured, “why rush?”
Orba sounds better: we adjusted the limiter in the audio engine to create clearer, less distorted sounds… even when playing at 11.
Orba’s metronome can now be switched on + off now by holding the A button and Pad 7 – BPM for two seconds
Orba will now put itself to bed. Leave Orba running for ten minutes and it will automatically power down. Feel free to disable this feature in the settings menu.
This update includes dozens of bug fixes and stability improvements, especially with looping.
- Added ability for MIDI looper to handle more notes than available playback heads
- Added ability for looper to start playing ongoing notes when entering overdub, and be audible within a certain time period
- Loop now ends when last note is played, not when A button is pressed
- Orba’s looper accepts notes plays shortly before the first '1”
- To end a loop the “A” button does not be pressed close to the actual end of the loop anymore. The loop now ends at the end of the bar the last note was played in.
- Add automatic power down after 10 minutes of inactivity
- Fixed issue where Orba would lose time when changing modes with looper playing
- Fixed issue where held note wouldn't get recorded
- Fixed issue where Orba could crash if multiple notes were played at the same time
- Fixed issue where holding A + any pad would erase song instead of A + REC
- Fixed issue where changing tempo from app could cause a crash
- Fixed issue where Orba could crash if a single note was held for the loop length limit
- Fixed issue where loading presets in overdub could cause a crash
- Fixed issue where CCs could get lost for notes that crossed the loop restart boundary
- Fixed issue where Boomy Booms bass preset could sound scratchy
- Fixed various issues with beeping / glitching during preset loading
- Fixed issue where 2 loops could be playing back the same notes
- Fixed potential crash when recording a loop with a single note before the “1”
- Fixed crash if lots of CCs were being sent simultaneously
- Fixed issue where crash was possible if playing lots of notes and switching modes
- Fixed issue where loading presets in overdub could cause crash
- Fixed issue where notes could get stuck when pausing a loop from play
- Fixed issues where rapidly played notes could cause a crash in overdub
- Fixed issue where holding a note longer than 8 bars could cause crash
- Fixed issue where A button press could delete note on first beat
- Fixed issue where notes could get stuck when deleting a song from record / overdub
- Fixed issue where speaker could distort at high volume levels
- Fixed issues where Orba could crash if notes were held longer than the loop length
- Fixed issue where stuck notes could happen if the A button was pressed with ongoing notes
- Fixed issue where changing instruments in overdub could cause a crash
- Fixed issue where MIDI looper didn't use channels properly
- Fixed issue where notes shifted if ending overdub under certain conditions
- Fixed issue where All Notes Off message wasn't sent on MIDI Channel 16
- Fixed issue where All Notes Off messages would be continually sent during preset / song loads
- Fixed issue with overdub loop not being saved if you left overdub before the loop was played back
- Fixed issue where CCs would be erased if overdubbing and the associated note wasn't active