ORBA APP 0.14.30
• Improved Bluetooth connection dialog
• Information for iOS 14.2 users when connecting Bluetooth
• Fixed an issue where the USB connection on macOS Big Sur stopped working
• Fixed an issue where song key changes did not change Orba’s pad tuning
ORBA APP 0.14.28
• Added “Mobile Midi Mode” to allow USB midi compatibility with Android. This mode shows only one midi input port for Orba instead of separate ports for Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead. Requires firmware 0.14.11
• Ability to dismiss “firmware update required” pop-up
• Fixed firmware updater for Bluetooth issue in macOS Big Sur
• Some third party music apps may not recognize Orba’s four MIDI input ports on USB.
ORBA App 0.14.27
USB for Android Devices
As we move forward with developing Orba Beta Android app, we've enabled the use of a USB-C cable to connect to your device. You can still connect via Bluetooth to your Android device, but we wanted to provide a more stable, cabled connection as well. To connect via USB, scroll down to the bottom of the settings menu to "Orba Connection" and select USB.
Bluetooth on Mac
We have now re-enabled the Bluetooth connection to the Orba app on Mac computers. To connect to Mac, click the Orba icon in the upper right corner of the app. Happy wireless playing!
- Orba can now connect to Android devices using a USB cable
- Added switch to select USB or Bluetooth LE Midi connection
- Orba can now connect to the Orba app on a Mac using Bluetooth LE Midi
- Fixed a bug where Orba.properties could get corrupted and prevent song key and tempo editing
- Windows app will disable openGL if it is too old instead of showing a black screen
Some third party music apps may not recognize Orba’s four MIDI input ports on USB.
Please do not perform Orba firmware updates with MacOS 11 Big Sur. Some driver issues will lead to Bluetooth not working anymore.
ORBA App 0.14.21
Orba players, we’re pleased to present new software and firmware updates for your favorite little space grapefruit. ?
Enjoy new tunings! The Orba Diatonic tuning can be found in the Lead presets folder. Orba Open and Orba 7th can be found in the Chord presets folder.
Orba will now put itself to bed. Leave Orba running for ten minutes and it will automatically power down. Feel free to disable this feature in the settings menu.
The app will now automatically detect if your Orba is in "DFU mode” and prompt a firmware update. In the unlikely event that your Orba becomes unresponsive or "bricked," this will make it easy to resurrect.
We’re temporarily removing the Song Browser and song saving buttons. Song saving was causing unexpected behavior in other areas. This is a temporary fix and we look forward to bringing songs back, better than before.
This update also includes major stability improvement across multiple devices.