Start a new topic

New Orba Players Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to the new Orba forum!

Please introduce yourself, and let us know what you think. We’re eager to hear your thoughts. 

If you come upon an issue, the fastest way to find a solution is by contacting support@artiphon.com. Though we do our best to always respond, your post in this forum could get lost in the more high-volume threads.

You can also feel free to start a new forum thread if you have an interesting discussion point. It could be about anything – the sounds, the industrial design, the app as it continues to be developed, or anything else!

Rock and roll,

Adam from Artiphon

12 people like this idea

Zack: "My only bigger issue is that the A button doesn't seem to hit well, hopefully improvable with software."

@Zach: Yes, the A button does seem a bit dicey at first. I've figured out that it's not really activated by a "tap." Rather, it's activated by a short "press." This is better because it allow you to "glide" over it without activating it so that you can do very quick "trills" between notes that are across from each other not just right next to each other.

My Orba showed up today! It's hours later, and I'm still playing with it. I am a big Cantabile 3 user, and I'm looking forward to trying it out on that platform tommorow.
I'd definitely like a little (lot) more function in the app to modify what Orba is doing. I use a DAW and plan to use Orba with it, but I primarily bought it to have mobile music to play with while traveling, waiting around, etc. I do a lot of that, normally, and my bass guitar is unsuited to this need. The experience so far is pretty Apple-centric, which is disappointing but unsurprising for a Windows/Android user. I would love to have more granular ability to control and modify the synth sets on the mobile app for the times I'm away from my PC for a few weeks.
@ZUrlocker no I think you’re spot on there. It would almost certainly help them to do a survey and see the demographics of their audience. I do agree that Orba becomes really powerful when used to control other fleshed out synths and DAWs, but by having a built-in lopper, speaker and instrument slots, it’s clearly designed to be able to handle the more casual use cases too, like someone just picking it up to play around with and make noise.

Két napja használom! A tapasztalatom pozitív! Orba-Iphone SE - A GarageBand tökéletes összhangban működik bluetooth kapcsolaton keresztül :) Nem tapasztaltam hibát vagy összeomlást. Mikor lesz elérhető több hang az alkalmazásból? Mikor kapcsol ki a vibro motor? Köszönök mindent !

@Ricardo: Normally you'd connect in the Orba app via the Orba icon at upper right next to the Artiphon icon, and then the connection will be available to GB. Is there a reason for doing it in a different order? (This is probably a conversation for a different thread if we need to continue it!)

I received my Orba this week in Bangkok.  My daughter and I are having a blast playing with it!

@Nick Lowe   There's no actual reason as to why I would want to connect to GB first other than it's the only way that I've gotten my phone to connect to the Orba.  My Orba won't connect to my phone directly for some reason unless I connect to GB or other app first.  Maybe a bug; I'd be happy to continue on a separate thread

Tutorials? It's in the manual? 

So when you bring up the list of Bluetooth devices in the Orba app and tap on "Artiphon Orba", does it remain greyed-out?
I ordered on 7/20 after receiving email that I was selected off the reservation list. It appeared I was in the 7000 range on a list of about 10000. Email had me thinking I was included in the first batch off list going out if I purchased. Now looking at the email, the payment is simply keeping me on the list. I just hope pre-purchase folks get them before retail. That would be a let down.
FWIW I have the cheaper Roli Blocks Lightpad (not the new $200 “studio edition, just the original) and it completely fell apart after just a few weeks of very light use. Like the top just came detached from the bottom and exposes all the guts. I didn’t drop it or anything, at most I took it in my bag on a plane ride, so I guess I recommend considering a case if you get one. Mine still works, but I hardly even used it, so didn’t inspire a ton of confidence in the build quality. Maybe that’s why they’re now have a $200 version? It also 100% requires being connected to a phone/app to play any sound at all. On the plus side you get a wider range of notes and can play JUST on your phone oddly enough. Pros and cons, to each their own, etc.
Same. I ordered in 7/20 in the 8000 out of 10,000 range.

Steven I suggest the plane ride was likely the problem.  Incredible the damage baggage handlers can cause. Mine seems heavy and well built.  No way I would pay 200 bucks for something like that, prob not even 100, but was passing this along because for 50 bucks that may be the best 50 bucks you can spend on music. It does so much, I;m sure the new one is better as you have to hit the pads harder on the one I have. For me, this was the good part of waiting for Orba...I got tired of waiting, found this deal and glad I did.  As it turned out Orba and Lightpad turned up here on consecutive days..I;ve had the shootout..and the winner is...................ha

lightpad.jpg
(1.14 MB)

I’m in the 4000 range. Ugh. Just wish I knew when

Login or Signup to post a comment