Start a new topic

Unresponsive Orba? Follow these steps

Follow this article for step-by-step instructions.

1 person likes this idea

Well its plugged in now I'll see if a miracle happens in the morning.  Thanks.

I left it plugged in overnight, and the next morning it worked fine.  It ran the firmware upgrade, and it seems to be working well now.

1 person likes this

Yep me too exactly as above.  Sent email to support and we will see.

3 people like this

Mine is unresponsive, too... I just got it today, did the firmware upgrade, and it just froze up about an hour later.  lights 1,2,3,4 on, nothing works... I went through the FAQ procedure, no luck.    My firmware upload on my iMac said:

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Downloading Update Info

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Downloading Updater Utilities

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Downloading Updater Util - Capsense Bootloader

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Downloading Updater Util - ESP32

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Downloading Updater Util - DFU

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Uploading Firmware

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Executing: /Users/*********/Library/Artiphon/Orba/UpdateUtilities/dfu-util-mac/dfu-util -l

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Unable to update - Orba not connected

11 Sep 2020 10:02:20pm - Upload Failed

4 people like this

update: that was shortlived.  after connecting it to my android device, Orba is stuck and wont be recognized via usb direct..guess i need to pen a ticket

1 person likes this

A follow up in case this might help someone else.  I got my Orba today..lots of good things to say about it.  it does a lot that is unique and has even more potential.

Mine installed and firmware updated w. little fuss.  One thing I did notice is that I needed to plug in and start up Orba and open the desktop app (mine is Windows) in the right sequence for things to work..at least I had to do that.  I dont think that is uncommon...after 2 or 3 changes in the sequence, the Orba connected and the firmware update became available and I just had to click on it and things are working.  I dont remember the sequence...what can i say..i;m an old goat...ha

Mine is out for delivery today.  I guess I will assume that I need to first try and install via standard procedures, and if that does not work, revert to these procedures...I guess

Login or Signup to post a comment