Start a new topic

INSTRUMENT 1 firmware 1.1.28 is available

I1 FIRMWARE 1.1.28

We are pleased to announce a new firmware update for INSTRUMENT 1!New features include: 

The bridge is now pressure-sensitive in the Slide method. Pitch bend range will no longer reset after you turn off your instrument.

There are also several bug fixes, including:

“Smart Mute” now works in Fretless strum while in single-channel mode.When you release a strum, note-off messages will get sent in the order they were played, not low-to-high.

To get started, please download the latest version of the INSTRUMENT 1 app from the Apple App Store or artiphon.com/downloads. You'll be able to install the firmware from there. There are several improvements in the app itself, including Dark Mode. :new_moon_with_face:

3 people like this idea

when i got my I1 today and connected it, it updated to firmware 1.1.28 ? am i missing something here?

No, you discovered a typo :-)

(Second attempt at reporting this; not sure what happened to the first.) One issue I've found is that this firmware version no longer allows the I1 to connect via the Apple CCK (Lightning or 25-pin version) to devices below iOS 11; the bridge lights freeze in the middle of the row, which is a behaviour I don't remember seeing elsewhere. It's still fine with the Artiphon miniUSB-to-Lightning single cable, and with  CCK on iOS 13+ (I don't have anything on iOS 11–12 to test), but my I1 used to connect to everything back to my first-generation iPad on iOS 5.1.1 and now no longer does. It's probably not an issue for most users, but means for example that all 32-bit apps (including Alchemy for iOS!) are no longer playable with the I1.

Thanks, Nick! We will examine this.

Still cannot update my Instrument 1, and I opened a ticket which you guys closed.

Hey Michael, I just looked up your ticket, and I'm seeing that we're troubleshooting with you about this issue as we speak. If you see your ticket marked as "resolved," there's no need to worry, we're still here and will make sure we get your INSTRUMENT 1 up and running.

Desperately trying to enjoy my new toy if I can get it connected ,can u give me the step by step process

1 person likes this

Hi Shaykh,

Here's the link to our Tutorial Page where you should find everything you need. For help on connecting your INSTRUMENT 1, I'd recommend the third video. Let me know if you still have questions about this. 

I think the instrument 1 would benifit by showing feedback on the hardwire when it transmitted midi data. The best way would be to blink one of the led on the volumne control. Either the very first led, or the currently last led. This is doable as those leds are already under software control.  This way the devices does'nt need to be connected to a daw to know its actually working.

Also for those of use seeking to control hardware directly there are devices to act as usb host with din midi out.Could you demo those with this device please.

iPad app has Launch Firmware Updater greyed out, but Windows app can still update FW.

Hey Joe, open up a support email and we'll help you get it sorted out.

My A 1 bridge feature does not work. 

I could not update fw 1.1.28 from 1.1.20 for my I1.

If I keep this plugged in when I'm not using it between sessions is there any danger of overcharging the battery and shortening its life?
Login or Signup to post a comment