Start a new topic

Bluetooth connectivity issues with Android App

Hey there,

after receiving my Orba I tried to connect the device with my Android smartphone. But the direct connection failed. After a lot of google research, I figured out I had to do the connection within the App. But my Orba is not recognized/shown there... only in Android Bluetooth menu. (latest app version [0.14.21] and Firmware are installed.

I tried the connection with the iOS App on a iPhone, where it worked fine.

So my question... Are there any other guys who have the same problem? Is it possible for someone to connect the Orba with an Android device via Bluetooth?

Thanks a lot

Rob

2 people have this problem

Just purchased and android app is useless due to constant disconnecting. This thing getting returned in a week if no updates as it seems like this has been an issue for months. 

It disconnects 95% of the time before a new patch is able to load. Can always successfully connect through the app, but either immediately disconnects or starts to load a new sound eternally and then disconnects.

Also pitch bending info is not recorded in my loops. Not sure if thats a bug or a "feature"

Info:

Galaxy 10 running Android 10

App Version .14.27

Firmware on orba updated .14.8

I also came to find out about the app disconnecting every time I try to load a preset. Android user, galaxy s9. The app seems very unstable and constantly disconnects. No presets at all are available, sooo... Just kinda stuck using the built-in sounds. Hire some developers, guys!! Your product WILL fail unless you get these basic features solved, and quickly! I sure hope you do, as I love the concept of this device :)

1 person likes this

Found that Bluetooth to Orba from the Android app does not work at all for me. What I did discover however is that after many unsuccessful attempts of connecting via USB to Android is to get it working I had to go in to Android settings and enable OTG connection. Once that option was turned on all worked well. Hope this may help someone

The only way I've been able to connect to the Orba 2 using the Android app is to toggle Bluetooth off/on in the phone's (Galaxy Z Flip 3, Android 12) system settings, then launch the Orba 2 app. The Orba 2 should then be listed in the Bluetooth connection window in the app. 

The iPad OS version of the Orba 2 app connects flawlessly the first time, with none of the hoop-jumping required with the Android app.

Login or Signup to post a comment