Start a new topic

Hang Drum sounds for Orba

Can we have Hang Drums instrument in Orba? I think it would be awesome if we could play Hang Drum with it.

5 people like this idea

I tried to tweak the synth params to get something that would be reminiscent of a hang drum/handpan, but  failed at doing so since it's so onerous to tweak the presets, reload, and test them. The other part of having it serve as a virtual handpan would be the ability to configure the notes in an alternating pattering and the ability to adjust the notes in the scale.

2 people like this

Interesting that I found this topic this soon after rediscovering handpans (hang drums). This would indeed be an interesting instrument for this device and it's insane that it's basically shaped like the handpan but does not have the instrument itself inside it. Please consider adding it, because I would love to play it with Artiphon which would work as a low end controller for handpan sounds.

If someone knows how to implement this functionality or control a daw with Artiphon so you can use it for handpans, please reply. I haven't bought Artiphon yet but I already saw it on kickstarter but didn't have money for it. I think handpan community would love the device after building the instrument itself inside of it.

I just bought ORBA and it's great just missing Hangdrum. That would be great. please and thank you

2 people like this

Seriously where is this sound? I got this thing thinking I could upload my own sounds but the software is so limited and it's missing key ones!

Thanks for the feedback, everybody! This is a really good idea and we'll definitely pass this along 

I believe you can upload those sounds into garage band (free version on ipad) and then play the sounds that way. 

1 person likes this

If there was a Hang Drum preset, I would want it like this:

Drum: African style, lots of wood, congo and bongo

Bass: Standard steel string with slap and bend to sustain 

Chord: Strings

Lead: Hang Drum

Is this now possible with the new Orbasynth app?  And has anyone managed to make some some good sounds?

1 person likes this

If you use the free ODDball app which is made for another device, you can connect to it and then play the hungdrum sounds it has. The only problem is that the sounds are random on the notes so you wont be able to play anything meaningfull. This may be able to be rectified by some tweaking if you can get into the software of the app. 

1 person likes this
I found this, which appears to be the development process of a hangdrum-like sound using software that uses elements quite close to those you can program in the Orba using the new Orbasynth app. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naSjQXSDIMo&feature=youtu.be If anybody is interested in developing hangdrum patches for Orba, this should at least provide some pointers.

Does this have a bluetooth function? If so, you may not need anything else to connect it to the Orba to at least play those sounds out of speakers while controlling it. 

1 person likes this
I'm not recommending the app. My main concern here is to encourage people to investigate the use of Orbasynth in modelling popular instruments such as hang drum.
Login or Signup to post a comment