Start a new topic

Introducing Orba 2

We’re excited to announce the release of something we’ve been working on behind the scenes for quite some time. 

Introducing Orba 2... 

Featuring a brand new sound engine that includes audio samples, Orba 2 is the first musical device that packs an entire studio into the palm of your hand. This means you can play instruments like electric guitars and upright pianos and more adventurous sounds like vocals, found sounds, custom artist songs, and more. 

With Orba 2, you can also capture or import your own sounds to create unique instruments. With the press of a button in the Orba App, any sound can be turned into an Orba preset. For example, a bicycle bell, a bird in a tree, and your roommate’s singing can all be played, looped, and shared as a musical melody. 

“We want people to express themselves musically in their everyday lives,” explains Artiphon CEO Mike Butera. “We’ve dreamed of allowing anyone to play any sound they can imagine, anywhere they go, without worrying about historical instrument skills or abstract music theory. Orba 2 finally makes that possible.”

For a more in depth list at the differences (and similarities) between Orba and Orba 2, you can see this list below. 

Orba 2 is now available to order from our website, and through a number of our retail partners (you can see our Where To Buy page for a complete list). All orders are estimated to ship in July, and fulfillment time will vary based on the courier you chose and your shipping location. 

We’ve begun to answer a couple of questions in our Knowledge Base, but feel free to ask any additional questions below. 

2 people like this idea

I'm sorry for your situation and hope it all works out for you too.

For me, I went into this with the intention of using the O2 as an MPE controller with GB and since the 01 already worked beautifully with this workflow for many people, I'm certain things will work out fine.  

Of course it would great if they implement a file system and that would be cool too!

I had the Orba and just received the Orba 2 yesterday. So far, I'm very happy with it. The inability to save songs is a bit of a disappointment, but I will be patient since they have really only started shipping a short while ago. If you look at the directory structure on a computer you can see that they install the directories to support loading and saving songs and they include a lot more presets that don't show up on the default preset menus, so they are clearly actively working on these features.

They just dropped a new version of the app with saving today! Hope it works :P

1 person likes this
Can someone report back in and let me know if it works? *ALL* my various bits are bagged and boxed to get shipped back for a refund, otherwise, I'd do it myself...

Yes! New samples. Firmware update. Fixed resizing of content to fit in screen. Ability to save! Song library tab! This is all in the latest Windows and Android app. You can still only update firmware through the desktop, so make sure you use that first.

Can anyone tell me how to return the Orba 2 to its original, out of the box sounds? The app is unusable and impossible to understand! I just want it the way it was now I’m stuck with stupid sounds!

Login or Signup to post a comment