Start a new topic

Orba2 - Quantize settings

Is there an XML attribute that allows you change your in-grid quantize to different steps (tri-, 1/8th, 1/4, etc)?

3 people like this idea

I believe I may have found it and will report back if it works. One issue is that quantize on the Orba 2 is a record time function not a playback function. I don't think the Orba has enough horsepower to quantize at playback time. I bet Artiphon will release the ability to change quantize steps in the future.

1 person likes this

No luck being able to change that value. :( It reverts back after power reset.

1 person likes this

This is one of the big reasons that it's taken so long to implement quantizing in the Orba. They wanted to do it "right," and there are many things to consider. Once they implement it, people will want even more advanced features like "odd" subdivisions (3, 5, 7) and "swing". 

I've managed to do 3/4 and 6/8 by halving the tempo and treating each beat as a measure. I've also done it by doubling the tempo and treating three measures as three beats. It actually works pretty well, but it's definitely a hassle. Fortunately, we get a lot more measures of looping on the O2, so it's not that bad a workaround. It just takes more planning. Once you get the basic beats set down and turn off the metronome, it's not as much of a problem.

@Gabriel Velasco

I suspect that “People will want even more advanced features” doesn’t sound as bad as you’ve probably intended

Login or Signup to post a comment