Start a new topic

Known Issues for Orba 2

Hello All. We've created this topic to share some of the known issues that we are currently working on. While not every bug is a quick fix, we do want to be intentional in keeping everyone updated on what's going on behind the scenes with Orba 2.

Android

• When connecting via USB, the app may freeze if USB charging is on
  • Some Android devices are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues
  • UI adjustments are needed for some Android phones
  • Cannot import audio files to create user presets

All Platforms

• The selected key in the app may not be accurate
  • Scrolling presets on mobile devices can accidentally open a preset

4 people like this idea

Something wierd is happening with  tunings of  Lead instruments with Pentatonic scale.

1) My expectations are that when choosing Major in app, I will have Major Pentatonic, and Minor corresponds to Minor pentatonic. They seem to be opposed to what they should be, when switching tuning in the app.

2) First change of the tuning in orba app after orba power-on does nothing.  You need to switch tuning back and forth  before it starts actually switching tunings,  and after that I am bumping into #1 issue.

----

In other words, as I see it - Orba2 seems to provide the correct tuning after power off, but  after switching scales in app they start to be opposed to what the supposed be.

Even if I got it wrong and it is really expected to match Minor Pentatonic with Major app setting, and Major Pentatonic with Minor app setting, there is a bug anyway, because after power on Orba2  loads the opposite to what is set when changing tuning in the app. Here are a detailed reproducing steps, I hope for some feedback here.

Reproducing conditions:
Firmware  1.1.7 App version: 1.0.182
Preset:J  iveVibes Lead preset, which has the following factory settings in the xml: key="C" name="Major Pentatonic" tuning="60, 62, 64, 67, 69, 72, 74, 76")

Reproducing recipe A:

Turn off orba2 with C Minor enabled in app. Enable back.

Launch midi monitoring, play pads 1 to 8. Incoming notes:

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 # seems valid, looks like Minor Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is still set to C Minor. Switch to C Major in app.

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 # It is the same as before. Nothing changed, while expected to be Major Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is set to C Major. Switch to C Minor in app.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # now it finally changed. But it is Major, not minor.

From this moment, switching between Major and Minor will produce

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 for Minor

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 for Major.

Reproducing recipe B:

Turn off orba2 with C Major enabled in app. Enable back.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # seems valid, looks like Major Pentatonic

launch orba app, see that it is still set to C Major. Switch to C Minor in app.

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 # notes are the same as before, while it was supposed to switch to Minor Pentatonic.

launch orba app, see that it is set to C Minor. Switch to C Major in app.

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 #now it changed. But it is not the expected Major, it is Minor.

From this moment, switching between Major and Minor will produce

60 62 64 67 69 72 74 76 for Minor

60 63 65 67 70 72 75 77 for Major.

2 people like this

@Subskybox, We've got that one documented.  Thanks.

1 person likes this
yes, it was great that you released an update after everyone who bought it returned it. :) no one needs the device anymore.

1 person likes this

My Orba 2 has an external speaker problem; when I plug it into my Mac it works fine (using the Macs speakers), as well as when I use headphones with it. However, by itself, the Orba does not make any sound. I got it very recently so I am wondering why it has this problem. 

1 person likes this

Okay. I think I've got it for one scenario but there are others.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load Orba Diatonic Lead Preset
  2. Play the scale (Pads 1-8). It will be a Major scale loaded from the preset.
  3. Go to Edit Key in the Orba 2 App and change to any other key or scale (Major | Minor )

Expected Result:
  • Orba changes to the Key or Scale you chose in #3 (and remains Diatonic)

Actual Result:
  • Orba App incorrectly changes the Orba to be in Pentatonic mode rather than leaving it in Diatonic mode.

1 person likes this

Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 person likes this
Hello artiphon team A very simple question here : When will all the issues on android and windows be fixed ?

1 person likes this

I tried using the Orba2 app, what a pain in the ass. Every time I corrected one thing, it asked me do do another. No fun here. I put it back in the box. Maybe I'll try try again in 6 months when maybe the issues are fixed. Or maybe I'll just sell it. I'm just too busy for this kind of aggravation. 

1 person likes this

I have iphone and Samsung S23. I have experiencing good connections and nearest zero lag with iphone but android connection is very bad. When will you upgrade orba2 app for playstore?

1 person likes this

It sounds like there might be an issue with the software you're using to import the MP3 files. It's possible that there's a compatibility issue or a bug causing it to crash. I'd recommend checking for updates for both the software and your Windows 10 system. Additionally, you could try using a different software or converting the MP3 files to a different format to see if that resolves the issue. If you're still having trouble, reaching out to the software's support team or searching online forums for similar issues might provide some solutions. Good luck!

just got my orba2. updated firmware. SUPER disappointed to see that Bluetooth does not work with Android 13, especially as this thread is over a year old. This is a bad enough issue to abandon the product, please fix, without bluetooth it basically means tethering with USB which makes it useless for anything but sitting at your computer

So So disappointed with my Orba 2. What a crap company, they keep putting out new stuff but wont fix there old problems, they should recall the orba2, fix them and reissue new ones  to the loyal customers who TRUSTED them. Can't say enough bad stuff about ARTIPHON :(
 Never buying or recommending them to anyone, EVER !!!!

This may be a common bug that I haven't seen or just me being dumb, but I have issues importing mp3 files with my computer for sounds, a Windows 10 to be exact. When I open the file, it closes the software. if there is a link to a similar problem, please tell me. I'm new to Orba and I hope I can find a solution. Please, and thanks.

Hi everyone, and happy spring!

We want to thank everybody for their patience and drop a little update about the Android 13 connectivity bug. As you may know, following the release of an update to the Android OS, MIDI-over-Bluetooth capabilities were impacted. We are doing some testing with the latest beta release of Android 13 with great results so far, so be on the lookout as each manufacturer rolls out the update.  

Please note that there are no guarantees that anything being tested in the Android 13 beta will actually make it into the public releases. Also, we are not recommending that anyone installs a beta of any operating system because there's a chance that other bugs, unrelated to Orba and Bluetooth connectivity, could cause issues on your device.

I haven't quite mastered replicating this issue yet. It seems to function properly upon initial activation of Orba 2 and its accompanying app. However, after some unspecified event, it reverts back to Pentatonic, as previously mentioned. I'll provide an update once I identify the trigger causing this behavior. fm whatsapp download

Login or Signup to post a comment