Start a new topic

Unable to update firmware (MacOS)

Trying to update my Orba 2 to the latest firmware via USB on MacOS 13.0.1 , always end up with "Firmware Update Failed", and a bricked Orba.

Debug logs attached.

txt
txt

I'm not connected with Artiphon and their tech support may reply.

In the meantime...if you tried:

1) Clean uninstall/reinstall

2) Different USB port if available

3) Repeat flash attempt

...I'd be interested to know if the log was exactly the same.

With Windows, if you hold Vol+ while powering on, it boots the Orba 2 inb a different mode which displays alternate blue/green lights and opens the "Orbaupdate" folder on the PC containing the temari_XiP_BEE_1_0_11_8fe84fb.bin file. The "OrbaFWUpdate" log you posted indicates that the script timed out while trying to copy that. (See below.) 

I don't have a Mac so I can't test what happens if you try starting the Orba in the above "bootloader" mode with one of those.

17 Nov 2022 8:00:04pm -    found: /Volumes/ORBA2UPDATE
17 Nov 2022 8:00:04pm - Copying new nxp file temari_XiP_BEE_1_0_11_8fe84fb.bin to /Volumes/ORBA2UPDATE
17 Nov 2022 8:00:04pm - Waiting for nxp file copy to finish
17 Nov 2022 8:00:05pm - Nxp file copy timed out

Here's the temari_XiP_BEE_1_0_11_8fe84fb.bin from my own Orba 2. If you wanted to experiment, and you're able to access that folder as described, you could try copying it manually and see what happens. This is entirely at your own risk though. :-)

bin

Tim, it looks like you could benefit from the latest version of the app, v1.0.144.  If you aren't prompted for an update, go to the settings page in the Orba 2 app and hold down the shift key on your keyboard as you click on the firmware version numbers.   If the issue persists, open up a support ticket and we'll go from there.

you could benefit from the latest version of the app, v1.0.144

Based on that version, I assume you mean firmware version? If so, that's precisely what I'm unable to do. 

go to the settings page in the Orba 2 app

The app on the downloads page now seems to just be called "Orba" and looks totally different, so I'm assuming that is the current one (0.15.31).

This version of the app doesn't seem to support shift-clicking on the firmware (the Orba 2 one does), but regardless, the firmware update is what doesn't work, so I'm stuck.

open up a support ticket and we'll go from there

Isn't that what this is?

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment