Start a new topic

Orba 2 Bugs | Windows

Bugs noticed so far:

1. Noticed crackling noises while playing certain packs. This is regardless of the volume level.

2. On overdubbing loops within a particular instrument, for example, overdubbing chords, causes the previously recorded loop to behave oddly. I have experienced everything from missed notes being played to entire loops being deleted. 

3. Some loops have lost the quality of their recording and sounds awful as the looping session progresses. 

Someone please help!

>>1. Noticed crackling noises while playing certain packs. This is regardless of the volume level.

Apart from master volume, crackling noises might occur due to high per-instrument volume.

Looks like master volume is applied after sound is already distorted.

You can try reducing per instrument volume.

@Daron Mascarenhas

I would suggest posting this in the Report a problem section of the forum.

I am not convinced this is a volume issue - though I accept  I may be wrong. My feel is that the Orba gets overwhelmed by the complexity of some sounds and simply can't handle them, after all, it's not a super high performance processor, I presume. The worst case I have experienced was with a chord preset using a sample set I created myself (which was OK as a lead preset). I assumed the Orba just couldn't handle it in chords.

The big point here is that Artiphon shouldn't be providing presets that won't work properly. I am inclined to think that they don't test their presets properly before issuing them. For example, it seems to me the gestures on some make them practically unusable -  suggesting to me that no one had actually tried using them first - they just added gestures that someone thought was a good idea and didn't see how well  it actually worked - or not.

High volumes can cause problems with most audio hardware - I'm just not convinced this is the main issue here.

Login or Signup to post a comment