Start a new topic

New Orba Players Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to the new Orba forum!

Please introduce yourself, and let us know what you think. We’re eager to hear your thoughts. 

If you come upon an issue, the fastest way to find a solution is by contacting support@artiphon.com. Though we do our best to always respond, your post in this forum could get lost in the more high-volume threads.

You can also feel free to start a new forum thread if you have an interesting discussion point. It could be about anything – the sounds, the industrial design, the app as it continues to be developed, or anything else!

Rock and roll,

Adam from Artiphon

12 people like this idea

Thanks again.   I will give them the benefit of the doubt and try retyping the whole thing - annoying as it was lengthy and very detailed.   Have to say, if they're a start-up (or near enough), they might want to look to ensuring that customers and potential investors are NOT alienated or deterred at any point.  It's okay for a company to say "Sorry, we didn't get your post/email/phone call because of XYZ fault - outside of our control" but a business is supposed to correct such things and remain IN control.   It doesn't inspire confidence - and that's especially the case when the mysteriously missing items are complaints and critical reviews.   If Artiphon know this forum platform is unstable and just shrugs it off, that's not a good sign - especially for what is essentially a tech co.  Given the lousy experience I've already had with their appalling software as well as the product itself, being told that they take a slapdash approach to their own portal does nothing to improve my confidence that any of the Orba's problems will ever be resolved.

Hi all, thanks for the thoughtful messages! We're equally excited to get Orba in your hands. For those looking for information on shipping and fulfillment, we've begun shipping, and you'll be receiving tracking information soon.  For more specifics around tracking your individual order, give a shout at support@artiphon.com, as backers and reservers will be receiving units on different timelines. 

Thanks!

Adam

Hey!  It's here!  Arrived to the mailbox today. Some fancy logistics company got it to northern Calif. USPS center, and then my local post office. 

It's up and running. I loaded the iOS app first. Then it told me that I needed to do a firmware app - and to find a windows or Mac computer!  Ok... that's done. And maybe the firmware got updated. The application on Mac never finishes updating as far as it knows, and the lights keep going around on the Orba until the application times out. Changing USB ports (someone else mentioned it worked) didn't make the outcome different. Tried this many times. And what is the firmware version supposed to be when it's updated? No release notes can I find with googling. Version numbers of the app vs. firmware vs. info screen which went by in the app just once and never again are all in different sequences apparently. But no way to get back to a window which appraises the current situation as fine or not. And repeating FW updating still tries (with shift key pressed) and times out. Luckily I made a screenshot the first time through of the info screen. So now I can see that the fw did in fact get updated in the Orba. This could be quite frustrating, especially without that early fortunate screenshot.

Shouldn't the iOS app be able to update the firmware, OTA? That almost makes too much sense.

Marlon here. VERY excited about this. Had some initial problems with the firmware update and getting my password - but that is all in the past! Gonna dive into finger tapping and reading manual. 

Really - so happy that it arrived and I can make some new music! 

Just got mine yesterday- I was one of the last preorders. Supply chain stuff for startups is a bitch (but you're getting better!). The only thing worse is building support activities.

Wish for: - a mute for each track in the sequencer, or a volume control. Perhaps use the A+Mode+Volume buttons for track volume?

Am I correct that now you can't do that unless you delete the track and re-record on the fly?

Congrats on this so far! KW

Thank you. I. Ordered mine 7/20 also. Hopefully mine gets shipped soon. I can’t wait to get my Orba.
Hi! How do I get to the original settings for example on the Drum mode, after I tried some presets?

Hi there, 

Just received my Orba and its great. 

Are there plans to provide Bluetooth support for the Windows app?

Windows 10 supports MIDI-LE via the MIDIberry app https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/midiberry/9n39720h2m05?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Best regards,

Peter

Not too many people here and I don’t think they’ve shipped any out yet - especially when there is no user created content to be found anywhere on social media.
Mine arrived this afternoon via USPS. I got it up and running, then decided to dig out a windows computer and update the firmware. That went okay, and after that my iPad mini could connect via Bluetooth midi. But, there is trouble with the iOS app with regard to the recording of songs. If I want to delete a loop (a track), I have to kill the Orba app and restart it to delete the loop. It gets stuck recording and gets lost... This may or may not have anything to do with changing the instrument on the Orba itself instead of the iOS (iPad) screen and leaving the prior instrument still in focus on the iPad screen while playing a different instrument on the Orba.

Thanks for your positive feedback, @Nagy! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Orba. Keep an eye out on our social media for updates to the app. That's where we'll be announcing any new features to Orba.

Thanks! Looking fwd to start playing on it :)

I just got my Orba, and love it!   I was playing with it, and put in my pocket as I walked out to show it to my wife.  It started making music just from my motion.  She had no idea I had such a gadget in my pocket, so it was quite a surprise to see me walk up making music to my motion.  Fun stuff.

So it got me thinking about setting it up for a dancer to make her own music... Kind of like carrying around a castenet, but instead it would give her the ability to use her dance motions to set up loops, so her motions would make the music, which would then give her a loop to dance to, etc.  Just wondering if anyone has played with this idea...

@ZUrlocker Want more sounds, more instruments? Don’t bother with the Orba app, use GarageBand instead. The Orba becomes an amazing little device when you do.
Login or Signup to post a comment