Start a new topic

Orba hacking knowledge base

This thread is intended to gather the feedback of Orba tinkerers.

27 people like this idea

That table above says: "Note On / Note Off Velocity". Perhaps they're both part of the Tap seekerData string. I think I found a setting that turned the velocity response off; I'll see if I can remember it. 

...been hunting high and lowe for quantStartSnapTicks, but no luck yet.

I found this text in the App in the kind of area I was looking through while trying to understand the Modifiers and the Seekers.

Note

Event

SnapToGrid

AsPlayed

Major Chords

64358c1f-2ef5-4fd0-b3fd-ad8c4f93b839

Pressure

Metric

It made me wonder whether some of the quantisation settings might be hidden somewhere like the ModifierData for the Tap event. 

Wow you've posted so much information its going to take me a while to catch up! I'd like to try to build a mind map of how all this stuff fits together. Some kind of hypothetical model even if we think the Sun resolves around the Earth for now.. some kind of working model. I feel like we are missing a piece or two but maybe looking at the big picture will help.

(Re: that 4MB flash RAM I mentioned, you can erase it entirely, confirm that it contains nothing but FFs, and it makes no noticeable difference to anything.)

Hey! I never experimented on that.

I just assumed that changing intervals and midi note values would work... :-/

Looking again at the ModifierData list in "Ian repo", the Tap, Bump and Shake Note events have different (and busier) data than the others. These are the three events that generate notes. Bump and Shake Note are the same, while Tap is unique. I'm not sure if we ever found out what those entries did...?

The changed section is:

Tap

AQgAAAAE

Bump/Shake

CgEAAAAE

Other

AAAAAAAE

Might be worth fiddling the values and checking the loop info. Would be interesting to find out what this did in any case.

txt
(18.2 KB)

are presets also "reachable" in android filesystem (without root) or are they only in "private storage"?

@BJG145 I think there might be some velocity settings in the Touch SeekerData.. I remember coming across this when I found that some sounds were softer than the same synth patch. If you've ever seen the setting for monophonic vs. polyphonic I'm really looking for that.. It might just be implicitly set but I know any Preset dropped in the Bass folder becomes monophonic and adding chords also makes it monophonic. I believe I once had polyphonic chords in the Lead folder but I don't think I kept it :(

...App code...

QuantSnapToGrid_On.svg

QuantSnapToGrid_Off.svg

Do we know what those look like...?

>" I believe I once had polyphonic chords in the Lead folder but I don't think I kept it"

If you copy a Chord preset to the Lead folder and load it from there, you can play chords in Lead mode...is that what you mean...?

Hey @BJG145 I feel bad cluttering up this thread.

I'm going to start another thread. :)

I think these will become buttons with the next release so I'm not chasing these anymore. I am very  interested in quantStartSnapTicks because I don't think they have plans to make that configurable 

Good luck. ;-)

Not quite. Each Chord Pad cuts out the next. I believe I had it where I could play two Chord Pads at the same time to form a poly chord. Honestly, I've done so much messing around I can't keep my successes and failures straight. Maybe I'll compile a list:

SUCCESSES (from this forum):

1. Modify Thumbnail Images

2. Create Custom Chords

3. Create Custom Scales

4. Create some clever Presets

5. Continued understanding of hardware/software

6. ...

FUTURE HOPES:

1. Find Drum settings that can be tweaked realtime

2. Find an interesting use for Spin gesture

3. Understand how gestures are bound to synth params and cc values

4. Have Orba record pitch effects

5. Examine Bezier and Song Base64 data

... Requests??

It seems to be referred to as SnapToGrid so I'm going to hunt for that. I wonder if there is any metadata in the songs that might have this? Maybe they will add it so that we can hack Groove parameters or snapToGrid parameters in the future.. :)

Login or Signup to post a comment