Start a new topic

The new Orba

Can I trade in my Orba1 for an Orba2? The sampling function feels exciting!

I had the O1, sold it to Guitar Center, bought the O2. As far as I can tell, the O2 can do EVERYTHING that the O1 could do PLUS the new features enabled by the extra memory and processing power. All of the presets that they have in common work exactly the same way, and to my ear without being able to compare them side-by-side, sound exactly the same. The O2's synth engine MIGHT have more power than the O1's synth engine, but it hasn't been exposed. 

1 person likes this

O2 is far better, stable and more capable. Unfortunately to leverage everything in it, the software has a long way to go. Artiphon needs to bring OrbaSynth to the next level so that it works with O2 and allows you to manage samples etc... 

1 person likes this

No. Well, they might give you a few dollars. On the plus side, I have three now. I'm hoping they might fit in a pool triangle.

1 person likes this

(At the moment Orba 1 and Orba 2 are like different instruments...one can sample, the other can play a full range of chords and scales. When @Subskybox gets back from holiday he might level that up a bit.)

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment