Start a new topic

Orba 2 Hacking Knowledge Base

This forum is intended to share Orba 2 hacking tips amongst the Orba 2 community. NOTE: Please post facts that are well understood & useful. If you have theories to discuss, please start another forum and link to it here.

2 people like this idea

Those images have been there for some time - I saw them when adding images to that folder when the ones in the user folders sometimes didn't show up in the app - it sometimes fixed that.

1 person likes this

For those of you who have used the Orba 2 Serial Interface, it now supports the "s" command which cycles through Scale Modes: Major, Minor, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Chromatic.

1 person likes this

@Subskybox - thanks about the "s" command thing.  I'm not knowledgeable to try using it myself but good to know all the same!

A while ago I took a look back at the old posts here and was impressed by the thoughts and ideas that were floating around then (and how wrong much of my own were! I know a lot more now).

Before Artiphon messed up the chords presets (especially for the Orba 2, it makes a bit more sense for the Chorda, but still a shame I think) I was thinking about the idea of using pitch bend on the Y axis of the pads and trying to get three notes on each pad, the "true" note and a semitone up and down. It didn't really work with the seekers, not playable realistically.

A new thought came to my head which is that perhaps the gesture bezier curves might provide an answer by creating a curve that will pitch bend the note at the top and bottom of the Y axis but flatten out to do little or none in the middle area. It would perhaps be too fiddly to use on the Orba but could work well for the Chorda simply because the pads are physically bigger and the middle of the pad is effectively marked by the lights in the center of the pad. Tricky to work out how to actually do it though! (Previously I was only interested in the curves for getting a more natural sounding note bending, and recently trying to emulate Steve Winwood's synth lead sound.)

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment