Start a new topic

Orba 2 Custom Preset Repository

This forum is intended to share Orba 2 Custom Presets amongst the Orba 2 community. NOTE: Please upload Presets as a .zip file beginning with the folder Common as described in the first post of this forum.

4 people like this idea

@meow - 

Thank you, but I'm retired and am happy to stay that way. Glad to be of help though.

2 people like this
i hate registering so much you cannot fathom. yet i registered to say i love you "benton", unless you do something terrible ill tell god you saved a soul. thanks for making my orba actually useful. if you could make it change kits in real time i would become an idolterer and make an idol out of pizza boxes and coke cans. anyway, this is a formal declaration that i will never buy another product from "the big orb" unless they hire the great benton and make him the stevejobs of orba. orba corp seems totally not know what they be doin. anyway, love you benton, i shall jam in chromatic, thanks. hardware is cool. its just the rest that seems to suck. oh minus latency is a beaut though. anyway orba corp hire benton and dedicate a day of the week for him.

I have now created a library of all the presets I have put together. TheLead presets are mostly for diatonic major but some also have pentatonic and even chromatic versions.  The majority are synth based so take up little space, but a few are sample based and use up rather more space.

The whole kaboodle is 108Mb so I have posted it to Mediafire at:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2v1ri7cej2mh4cv/DavidsOrba2Presets.zip/file

If you were crazy enough to install all of them they would take up much less space than the 108Mb of the whole library on your Orba 2. This is because I have packaged them to make it easier to pick and choose what you might load. This means there is a lot of duplication of image files and samples.

These are all the ones I have loaded on my Orba 2 - a few are very similar, perhaps even the same as others and some are presets that I wasn't entirely happy with. So do with them as you will.

It should be possible to delete all the presets if not wanted, but bear in mind the samples don't get deleted with the associated preset and will remain on your Orba.

1 person likes this

@Daniel Miller -  regarding Kalimba's - and some other instruments - they can be difficult to make presets from. A while ago I tried with samples I made from two thumb pianos I had around the house. One I simply couldn't work with at all and the other has problems. I suspect that the initial hit of the note, which is part of the character of these instruments, is what sent the Orba a bit crazy with glitchy noises. But the many overtones also make it hard to get pitches right. Bells and metal pan instruments can present similar difficulties.

1 person likes this
Thank you!!!!

@Daniel Miller - I saw your post to Subskybox about a bass preset that wouldn't load. I had a look at it and altered a couple of things that I thought might have stopped it working. I renamed it a gave it a picture of my own because I wasn't sure about the one in his version. Hope he doesn't mind! He's helped me getting mine working so I had repaying his effort with my own in mind.

I might try and see if I can make it work using the position on the key change the pitch instead of tilt which I think might be better to use. If so, it will get posted here, of course.

zip

1 person likes this

Anyone a Kalimba fan? would be OVER THE MOON if someone made something like that. I am unskilled in all things music, let alone the coding so i'm just hoping to spark someone's ich for a Kalimba lead.

@Subskybox, having trouble getting bass two to show up. I have Vibratobass in and its wonderful, really want your other one too haha.  What might I be doing wrong?.  I have restarted the app several times.

And whoops again! forgot to added the updated package.

zip
(479 KB)

Just found that Ambamboo plays higher pitch than intended so I've added Bombamboo to the package which corrects that.

You can easily delete the unwanted version. Sorry about that - didn't check it out properly in a quiet environment!

Two new synth based lead presets Jebamboo and Ambamboo bundled together.

These are from my experiment with a pitch bend trick from @Subskybox which I have just revisited.

Play notes close to the centre for the root scale notes, move or play the notes towards the outside and you'll get notes approx.  a semitone higher with Ambamboo and approx. a whole tone with Jebamboo.

I suspect the pitches are not quite accurate but the distorted nature of the sound helps cover this I think so they work quite well.

With Ambamboo you should be able to play in most traditional modes I reckon.

zip
(477 KB)

@gerald rolon - sorry, I've just realised I mentioned using the Sync option in the Play screen. That was wrong - I should have said the Re-scan option. Serves me right for posting whilst I was barely awake.

Hi @gerald rolon

First thing is that it is usual to have to "Send to Orba" - in the case of sample based presets it takes a bit more time for the samples to be transfered to the Orba.

Second - you should only need to copy the elements of your preset (ie: artipreset, image, and samples if they are required) to the Artiphon folder in your User folder.

However, I will add the caveat to this, I have recently been having some issues with trying to get presets working,  and especially, getting the images to show up in the app. I have had some success with the images by also putting them into the Public folders - but that was after I had previously deleted all my presets and was reloading them.  I don't think putting them in Roaming should be needed at all.

I suspect that either Artiphon has made it fussier about what the Orba will allow us to add to it with the recent updates, or I've managed to do something myself that has made it not work for me quite as it did. I'm really not sure about that. It has been suggested previously by others that using the Sync option in the Play screen menu can help getting things loaded - I try that but am not convinced it really makes a difference.

I don't know about Stems - I haven't tried - but I would assume they also need to go through the "Send to Orba" stage. 

(When loading the new sample based presets that Aptiphon push out with updates you will find you still have to "Send to Orba". Personally, I avoid doing that because I suspect I won't have any use for them and I don't want to use up the storage space in the Orba with them.)

Hi @David,

I'm trying to learn and I would like to say back to you what I think I understand from reading this thread.

I down loaded your zip file (Bladetrotter.zip)

I copied the following file:

Bladechords_fbaca4258f2c43f1b31b0435348e17a4.artipreset

To these folders:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Artiphon\Common\Presets\Chord

C:\Users\joe_cavalry\AppData\Roaming\Artiphon\Orba\Presets\Chords

Bladetrotter_ff582d92f457d15ff0c7f571b780e7a4.artipreset

To these folders:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Artiphon\Common\Presets\Lead

C:\Users\joe_cavalry\AppData\Roaming\Artiphon\Orba\Presets\Lead

theNinth_9acf7d049e42c137423dced4e2071554.png

To the following folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Artiphon\Common\Images

I plugged in Orba-2

I started the Orba-2 app

I turned on the Orba-2

I selected the PRESETS tab on the Orba-2 app

I selected the Chords Icon

I saw the Bladechords icon

But the only option is "Send to Orba"

I was expecting "Play"

I noticed that Stems also only have "Send to Orba"

I selected the SONGS tab on the Orba-2 app

I saw the Icons for Stem songs

But I do not see the icon for the Bladetrotter song

I'm worried about leaving my Orba-2 in a weird state.

Did I screwed up a step?  

@Loyd - it was annoyingly odd rather than being a problem - they weren't erased from where they are added, but I found if I copied the images to the Public folders rather than the usual user folder I got them back in the app. So all is well.

But thanks for the thought.

Login or Signup to post a comment