Start a new topic

Made some new Orba presets!

I was following along with what Andrea Mannocci said in a previous post and ended up making a few presets, one of which I like enough to share. It is a mod of the Cartridge Chords preset with more sustain / reverb and some filter movement. Tilt is kinda odd, not sure how to make this part better but hey, Its a start! File attached, place it with the other presets in the Artiphon folder within your directory. (search for .orbapreset and you will find the directory).

zip

6 people like this idea

+1!

Thanks for starting this thread; it could be a nice hub for custom-made presets potentially beneficial for the Orba community.

FYI, on Mac the presets location is

/Users/<your_user>/Library/Artiphon/Orba/Presets/

I will share mine too once I hit something nice.

3 people like this

Awesome! I am also reaching out to the support team to see if they will share some documentation on the parameters, it would make this whole process worlds easier. FYI, you need to close and reopen the app in order for the new changes to a preset to be available to upload to Orba.

2 people like this

Most things seem to function on a 0-255 range but others are just selectors of 1-10. Context is the only key. I have also been Frankensteining presets together by subbing out whole sections of one for the same exact section of another. This avoids any syntax errors I may make on accident. Fun so far but I hope an official solution is incoming.

1 person likes this

Also, while we wait (hopefully) for official documentation, if there's anyone is willing to contribute documenting parameters here, i.e. function, allowed range, etc., it would be more than welcome. @Sam, did you get to understand other parameters than the ones in the synth patch? Those are kind of straightforward, however others, e.g. gestures, bezier curve, etc., are quite cryptic to crack open.

I'd really love a synth lab area in the app where you can fiddle with patch params and send the preset live to orba to try. In fact, it wouldn't be that hard to implement, IMHO.

Nope this should be quite doable. As far as the bezier curve, all the presets seem to use the same one so this does not seem to be a source of sound shaping as of yet. I even changed some of the bezierCurvesData hash and it did not break anything. Seems to be a placeholder and other than that I am at a loss as to how to alter the sound further. Seems to be the bulk of the shaping is done in the Synthpatch area. Orba team, any help you can add would be tops as we are trying to make the best of what we have here :)

1 person likes this

It is only a time matter before nerdy hackers reunite under this thread! :D

I've been diffing some random bass presets: for modifiers and seekers (whatever they are) only the uuid is changing. Same for BezierCurvesEntry, GestureCurveAssignmentsEntry, EventCurveAssignmentsEntry; no change.

However, they do change across different kind of presets (e.g. Bass VS Chords)

BTW, if you end up messing things the bad way, you can always uninstall the application, delete the presets folder and reinstall. Everything will be recreated with default values.

Or you could use this zip file to restore factory presets.

zip
(654 KB)

Also, fundamental, in order to make any lead preset diatonic it suffices to change the last bit to

<TuningEntry key="C" name="Major" intervals="P1, M2, M3, P4, P5, M6, M7, P8"
               midiOctave="3" transpositionType="RetainNotes" type="tonal" tuning="60, 62, 64, 65, 67, 69, 71, 72"/>

Ended up in a theremin like experiment (Lead)

1 person likes this

Sweet! Cant wait to try it. I am also interested in finding ways to add other pics to the presets using that large hash data at the top. Seems to be the bulk of the data they are sending actually. 

Ah! That's an easy one! What you call "hash" is the base64 encoding of the image; if you copy the string and paste it here (https://www.base64decode.net/base64-image-decoder), you'll get back your image. So if you want a custom image, you need to follow the inverse process (https://www.base64encode.net/base64-image-encoder).

I have not tried yet though... not sure what's coverImageHash

1 person likes this

Ha! Fantastic! We may not be l33t hackers but we will make this little device bend to our whims! Off to go find digital butter pics...

Login or Signup to post a comment