Start a new topic

Introducing Orba 2

We’re excited to announce the release of something we’ve been working on behind the scenes for quite some time. 

Introducing Orba 2... 

Featuring a brand new sound engine that includes audio samples, Orba 2 is the first musical device that packs an entire studio into the palm of your hand. This means you can play instruments like electric guitars and upright pianos and more adventurous sounds like vocals, found sounds, custom artist songs, and more. 

With Orba 2, you can also capture or import your own sounds to create unique instruments. With the press of a button in the Orba App, any sound can be turned into an Orba preset. For example, a bicycle bell, a bird in a tree, and your roommate’s singing can all be played, looped, and shared as a musical melody. 

“We want people to express themselves musically in their everyday lives,” explains Artiphon CEO Mike Butera. “We’ve dreamed of allowing anyone to play any sound they can imagine, anywhere they go, without worrying about historical instrument skills or abstract music theory. Orba 2 finally makes that possible.”

For a more in depth list at the differences (and similarities) between Orba and Orba 2, you can see this list below. 

Orba 2 is now available to order from our website, and through a number of our retail partners (you can see our Where To Buy page for a complete list). All orders are estimated to ship in July, and fulfillment time will vary based on the courier you chose and your shipping location. 

We’ve begun to answer a couple of questions in our Knowledge Base, but feel free to ask any additional questions below. 

2 people like this idea

I noticed the site now says shipping in August, is that a release delay for new and previous orders, or representative of "if you ordered now, it would ship later than if you ordered a month ago due to demand"?
Exactly Tim, I posted about this in another thread about this same issue. It’s a terrible move and will guarantee that I will never buy another Artiphon product. They offered me $10 off… I have no idea who is making decisions in this company, but they are obviously only focused on profit over being a reliable company that customers can trust.
That being said, I am EXTREMELY excited for the list of new features. Exactly what we have been asking for.
Sweet!

Yes it will! 

Guys, this is beyond brilliant! I love my Orba, but this takes it to another level! That’s everything I was dreaming of from the day I got it! You are amazing! Just one question: will the old silicone sleeve still fit the new Orba?
Login or Signup to post a comment