Start a new topic

Introducing Orba 2

We’re excited to announce the release of something we’ve been working on behind the scenes for quite some time. 

Introducing Orba 2... 

Featuring a brand new sound engine that includes audio samples, Orba 2 is the first musical device that packs an entire studio into the palm of your hand. This means you can play instruments like electric guitars and upright pianos and more adventurous sounds like vocals, found sounds, custom artist songs, and more. 

With Orba 2, you can also capture or import your own sounds to create unique instruments. With the press of a button in the Orba App, any sound can be turned into an Orba preset. For example, a bicycle bell, a bird in a tree, and your roommate’s singing can all be played, looped, and shared as a musical melody. 

“We want people to express themselves musically in their everyday lives,” explains Artiphon CEO Mike Butera. “We’ve dreamed of allowing anyone to play any sound they can imagine, anywhere they go, without worrying about historical instrument skills or abstract music theory. Orba 2 finally makes that possible.”

For a more in depth list at the differences (and similarities) between Orba and Orba 2, you can see this list below. 

Orba 2 is now available to order from our website, and through a number of our retail partners (you can see our Where To Buy page for a complete list). All orders are estimated to ship in July, and fulfillment time will vary based on the courier you chose and your shipping location. 

We’ve begun to answer a couple of questions in our Knowledge Base, but feel free to ask any additional questions below. 

2 people like this idea

Guys, this is beyond brilliant! I love my Orba, but this takes it to another level! That’s everything I was dreaming of from the day I got it! You are amazing! Just one question: will the old silicone sleeve still fit the new Orba?

Yes it will! 

Sweet!
And about Orba 1 , can be possible updates or new software? Do you think about special update price for Orba 1 users to pruchase new Orba 2?

3 people like this

Many of the new features (e.g. automatic quantize) are updates to the software and do not seem to require updating the hardware.  If Artiphon would release this same software (with the highest priority being the "auto quantize" feature) to Orba 1 owners then this would greatly improve my trust in Artiphon (and also my trust in the reliability and longevity of Artiphon's products). 

I want to buy the Orba 2 since it has a sampler (which does indeed make sense to exclude from the Orba 1 given the lack of on-device storage on the Orba 1), but first I would want to see some commitment from the Artiphon team that they do indeed plan to stand behind their products (and make continual updates to the software -- with "auto quantize" being top priority) in the future.

Thank you to the Artiphon team for considering my feedback, if you plan to address my concerns please respond and let me know

5 people like this
Pretty disappointed to see a completely new hardware model being pushed with no communication on updates for all of us who have already paid for the original model. I would like to see the existing user base prioritized a bit more before I commit to buying another piece of gear. A piece of equipment like this should be expected to be viable for years to come and not replaced every couple years by the newer model.

5 people like this
That being said, I am EXTREMELY excited for the list of new features. Exactly what we have been asking for.

Can I update my Orba to this new version? If not, I'm disappointed, it should be an option to us who've purchased the first one and have been waiting for updates that never came.

And no. I won't be buying an Orba 2.

2 people like this

Ditto Rob, and Steve - VERY disappointed to see a completely new hardware model being pushed with no communication on updates for all of us who have already paid (2X FOR ME) for the original model. I would like to see the existing user base prioritized a bit more before I commit to buying another piece of gear. A piece of equipment like this should be expected to be viable for years to come and not replaced every couple years by the newer model. THIS is a Customer Experience and Brand FAIL. You are really pissing-off your core franchise with this move. 

2 people like this

EPIC FAIL for those of us who just bought ORBA1 and would have waited and likely paid more for ORBA2

3 people like this
Exactly Tim, I posted about this in another thread about this same issue. It’s a terrible move and will guarantee that I will never buy another Artiphon product. They offered me $10 off… I have no idea who is making decisions in this company, but they are obviously only focused on profit over being a reliable company that customers can trust.

I got the $10 off, offer to keep the old ORBA. Not very comforting. I'm sure with supply chain delivery issues, and omni-channel pricing and distribution management challenges, it's tough to successfully manage frictionless product upgrades. However, I would look to Apple or similar to see how they navigate these issues. And error the side of caution in order to not shoot yourself in the foot with the core franchise of musicians.

1 person likes this
I think at last 49 usd of discount to pay Orba 2 the same value of Orba1 for all loyal users.

1 person likes this
You should have called the first Orba what it was, the Orba Beta, because that's basically what you sold us.

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment