I'm looking into making one! There are so many Tabla sounds out there that I'm not sure which ones to use.
I found some samples! I'm pretty happy with what I have so far:
I'll post it this weekend. I'm not convinced the velocity thresholds are functioning properly as a Drum Preset. I'm going to re-create it as a Lead to see if it works better.
In PocketMIDI app you can set velocity manually when sending them by USB to the Orba2 from the virtual keyboard.
Used that for testing velocity thresholds, as it is much more reproduceable than trying to beat out the specific velocity by hand. PocketMIDI exists for Mac as well.
Also in your case you also could write a python script for that to run automated testing :)
P.S. Btw, seems to me that Orba2 gives much higher velocity response when being held in hands, than when it stands on the table. Probably that's due to velocity being calculated from accelerometer.
Here are the Tabla presets (one Drum and one Lead). They both use the same SamplePool and are bundled together. I made 8 levels of velocity for 5 Tabla sounds and repeated some of the sounds for easier playability. I still don't know why the Lead is quieter. I'm also not convinced its possible with the Orba to get a wide range of velocities (like a MIDI keyboard). I think the Bezier Curves have something to do with the range of velocity inputs it can interpret. I started looking into this with Orba1 and quit but might look into it again...
Steps to Install:
@Ignis32 I just tried PocketMIDI!!! Wow what a great tool to have for debugging! Thank-you!
For anyone that has tried Tabla Drum Preset, do you find it is crashing the Orba too often? I found this was happening with the PanDrum too when I was developing it. I found that the template I was using contained:
<ModifierChain chainIndex="0"> <Compatibility majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0"/> </ModifierChain>
Even though the ModifierChain was not used, somehow this must instantiate a modifier chain (which likely consumes memory and chained events). I removed this from PanDrum but forgot to for Tabla. I've made this change locally and it seems to perform much better.
It's still crashing a little. I'm going to convert all samples to 48Khz and change the pitches to -1 as using -1.08844 likely is causing a little more stress on the tiny little CPU.. I'll report back if it actually makes a difference.