Start a new topic

Instrument 1 velocity range

I love my Instrument 1 but the velocity range is so narrow it’s kind of ridiculous. Especially when plucking the bridge. I can only get a range of 10-20 velocity values and not very reliably either. I’m guessing it’s a hardware limitation?

Ah, I never thought about that. When I want to hit hard, I just naturally push it like a hammer ... 

You are right, plucking only register something up to 80s (at least that's the highest I could get without feeling unnatural). That said, I do feel that if I want to play a note higher than 80, a hammer like action that press and release the button is more natural to me. I am more a keyboard player, though.

Do you get the range of 40-127 reliably when plucking? I’m only able to get higher than 60-70 if I push it in and release it. (So not really plucking) maybe it’s just a defective unit..

I have no problem hitting 127. Not able to hit below 40 may be a bit to restrictive, though.

Is it much wider than what I’m getting? And does setting it to higher method sensitivity actually give you wider range than lower options?

Interesting. We're trying that on our end and getting a wider range, even on the low sensitivity setting, so it may be a problem with your INSTRUMENT 1. I just responded to your ticket with some more information regarding a potential warranty replacement 

I did. It doesn’t change anything other than where the range value starts. At low it’s around 40-60 for example. The low E string at least gives me something to work with like 40-100 but the other ones are stuck within 40-53ish. Going into 60s and sometimes 70s when I hit them really hard. I mean everything else works really well but the whole point of having separate hands for holding notes and triggering them is to have more expressivity. Why not give it a full 127 range? If it’s not a hardware issue it needs to be fixed. If it is, i hope there will be a version 2.. I would pay much more for a more polished/enhanced version of I1.

Hi Eric. Have you already tried adjusting the Method Sensitivity for your INSTRUMENT 1? You can find that under the Settings channel in the INSTRUMENT 1 app.

Login or Signup to post a comment