Start a new topic

Orba presets sharing point

This thread is intended to share custom-made presets.

Follow this other thread to see how the magic happens, https://artiphon.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44001013185.

13 people like this idea

Hi All

Brand new to Orba.  Saved almost all of the .orbapreset files to mess with them.  Put them in  C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Artiphon\Orba\Presets\xxx where xxx are the various subfolders - Bass, chords, Drums and Lead.  Took my best guess if I was not sure whch they were.

Fired up the Orba Windows app and I do not seem to be able to find them. 

Would love it if someone would explain how to go about using them.

Thanks

I just figured out where they are.

For others - When in the app the presets show in the preset tab for each instrument ie:  the Drum presets show when you click drum, the Lead presets show when you click lead.  Cool!

Thanks so much for all of your feedback. It's so cool to see this community you guys have created around making and sharing Orba presets. 

If it seems like we’ve been quiet here recently, it’s because we’ve been working behind the scenes on a couple of bigger things. One of these things is Orbasynth, our new gesture-mappable synth that allows for extensive customization of Orba sounds. You can check it out in this new thread 

https://artiphon.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44001019803

Hellow!
I have downloaded .orbapreset files and placed them in the library path on my computer and they appear in the Orba App on my mac, but I would like to be able to access this library from the iPhone or iPad App. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi Bernat,

I don't own a Mac, iPhone or iPad. Nevertheless: If you load the presets you desire in your Orba and create a song it should be possible to save that song (including the presets) on your Phone or iPad.  A bit of a workaround ...  Loading the song would include the presets it contains.

Kind regards,

GJ 

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot GJ!

A small adjustment to my drum mix preset. I changed shakerMode="0" to shakerMode="1". Now you don't have to push the 8 to hear the shaker when shaking your Orba. 

Hello, I am completely ignorant when it comes to programming so I could be very very wrong about this, but is it as simple as editing this bit -

<TuningEntry key="" name="Major" intervals="P1, m2, M3, P4, m5, P6, m7, P8"

midiOctave="2" transpositionType="RetainNotes" type="percussion"

tuning="60, 61, 64, 65, 66, 69, 70, 72"/>

</PresetEntry>

to change the scale for the lead.

And also how would I go about changing the notes for the chords?

Many thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment