Start a new topic

my orba just turned off and wont charge

just got my orba last night and now its not working wont turn on wont charge wont connect to anything 

any help?

2 people have this problem

it was working fine after the Firmware upgrade , but all of sudden stop working and battery status shows gone . No able to charge . i tried all suggested seps but still it is not working .

Thanks for sharing this, Liam.

Hi Alex. Would you mind sending an email to contact@artiphon.com with a copy of your log files so that we could help get your Orba fixed? You can access those by clicking on the info button next to the app version indicator.  See the photo below:

Then click "Save Log File".

Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

Hey Liam

I am also encountering this issue. My Artiphone somewho became unresponsive after I updated and connected to garageband.  (was working fine prior to connecting to garageband with USB) 

When trying a firmware update all i get is an error. 

I followed your trouble shoot but to no avail. Also the firmware file update for the second troubleshoot suggestion is not included. Maybe that will fix it? 

Could you help me out? 

First things first: Be sure to update your version of the Orba desktop app (macOS | Windows). The newest version should account for units that become unresponsive after firmware updates. Note: The Orba desktop app required minimum system versions are: Windows 10, macOS 10.12. If Orba is unresponsive and fails to power on even when plugged into a power source, it’s likely that the instrument has entered DFU Mode. This is especially likely if Orba became unresponsive after a firmware update. To exit DFU Mode follow these steps: Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down (-) button simultaneously for 15 seconds (you won't see any visual feedback from Orba). This forces Orba to power off. Press and hold the Power button on its own for 5 seconds (again, you won't see visual feedback from Orba). This ensures that Orba is powered back on. Your app should open a window recognizing that your Orba is in DFU mode. From there, follow the prompts to bring your Orba back to life. If Orba powers on at this stage, great! You're done! If not, continue to steps 4-6. Open the Settings panel in the Orba App by clicking the A icon in the upper right corner of the Orba desktop app: Hold the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Firmware Update cloud icon - This will force Orba to update its firmware to the most current version. Wait for the app to restore Orba’s firmware Forcing a firmware update will bring Orba out of DFU Mode and back into normal playing mode. If the above procedure does not work: Reconnect Orba to your Mac or Windows computer via the included USB-C cable. Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down (-) button simultaneously for 15 seconds (you won't see any visual feedback from Orba). This forces Orba to power off. Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up (+) button simultaneously for 2 seconds. This forces Orba to enter update mode. Download this firmware file (you don't need to unzip it) Drag the file on to the Firmware Update cloud icon in the settings panel of the Orba app (you may need to restart the app for this to work). If Orba remains unresponsive please let us know at support@artiphon.com so we can help you troubleshoot the issue further. Please attach a copy of your Firmware Update Log and Debug Log as this will help us diagnose the issue. You can access these files by clicking the Info icon in the settings panel of the Orba desktop app at the bottom right corner of the window:
Please share fix with me Evan.

1 person likes this

Hi Liam. Thanks for reaching out! I just replied to your ticket with some more information about this. Let me know if you have any other questions 

Login or Signup to post a comment