Start a new topic

Orba 2 Custom Preset Repository

This forum is intended to share Orba 2 Custom Presets amongst the Orba 2 community. NOTE: Please upload Presets as a .zip file beginning with the folder Common as described in the first post of this forum.

4 people like this idea

Where are the user drum presets and corresponding sampled sounds stored on the hard drive?

I was expecting here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Artiphon\Common\Presets\Drums

and here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Artiphon\Common\SamplePools

but I can't find my drum presets.

Regardless, you can make you own.  See attached file for sampled drum sounds.

Enjoy,

-j

zip
(1.79 MB)

@gerald rolon

The Public\Documents\Artiphon folders contain the Artiphon produced content - your own will be in YourUsername\Documents\Artiphon. I would recommend backing that up occasionally, partly for convenience - it can be useful to refer back to them sometimes. 

@gerald rolon

As a footnote to that - when making presets with the apps I prefer to save them and then side load them after a little bit of editing to put my own name and description on them and perhaps make one or two adjustments before loading them.

@gerald rolon

I liked the samples so I put a few together for a preset with a "Peaky Blinders" soundtrack vaguely in mind (if that makes sense to you!). Hope you don't mind.

I should also have mentioned before, if you make a preset with the  Artiphon app samples go into the User folder with the name FactoryDrums_hash number. You can identify which are which by date (if you remember when you did it) or the file names inside the folder.

zip

@Ignis32

When you commented on my HangDrum preset having low frequencies that perhaps should have been supressed I took note but didn't worry too much about it.

Yesterday, trying out a new preset I realised something. When I make samples I listen to them on my laptop - but the Orba speakers can reveal low frequencies that the computer speakers don't. I guess that had I tried them through larger speakers it would have been obvious. 

So, the lesson is, that if you want to make good samples for the Orba, check the spectrum of frequencies in the samples and eq them out as you suggested! 

Always things to be learnt.

@David Benton

Good to know I had told something of use)

You can use the Orba as USB Audio Out (Artiphon Orba Speaker) from your computer. Therefore you can play samples from apps like Audacity and route the audio through the Orba. I've done this in the past but just now while testing this, I could only get it to work with Orba 1 but not Orba 2.. Maybe the firmware has changed?

Login or Signup to post a comment