Start a new topic

Received the Orba, wont turn on after firmware update

The Orba arrived this morning, I was able to play with it for a bit before downloading the IOS app and being told to update the firmware. I did and after it completed the Orba will no longer turn on. 

8 people have this problem

Windows 10 Orba app. I received my yesterday. Played with it a bit then downloaded the Orba app. Attached the Orba via USB and opened the app. I was told to update the firmware. So I did. Now the Orba is not turning on and is not recognized by the Orba app. Now reading others have had a similar issue. I have a Mac at work and will try the iOS version tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated.

My ORBA is turn it dark too. Use Win10, try to update but failed with error. Then ORBA no response push any button. I want to know how to turn it back on.
You can force a reset by holding down the power and volume buttons at the same time for five seconds.

I have the same problem. Plugged it in to a Windows 10 machine, tried to update firmware and I how have a lovely black paper weight. I've tried everything in this forum (except a Mac - I don't have one) and nothing has worked. I submitted a ticket so, hopefully, there will be a resolution soon.

Well, the good news, they updated the Kickstarter campaign and acknowledged some Orba are getting stuck in DFU mode.

The bad news, they advise doing all the things we already tried in this thread with a fairly limited number of successes.

Anybody hear from Ariphon support yet? 

I too received mine and tried to update the firmware - now I have a black desk ornament. I have tried everything listed to no avail. The resets do not work; I have a windows computer and no mac so I cannot just go use one of those. How do I contact someone to help?

support@artiphon.com or use the Ticket form above. Jeremy from Artiphon posted a support article about this issue yesterday that's worth checking out first.

Hey @Arne, thanks for the extra information.  I added the log text to the ticket I opened day before yesterday. 

Fantastic, thanks!

I was having this same problem with the device on windows pc. simple disconnecting and reconnecting to the computer resolved the issue. 

I’m also now getting this:
I don’t know if that picture came through so here it is again
I’m not sure what did it but I clicked “exclude process” on that norton screen and tried again and it suddenly came back on and did the firmware update! So either you guys fixed it internally or clicking that button helped!!
Dana, thank you! That is very helpful.

. Orba worked out of the box then I connected to MAC to do the firmware update and now it is useless. Put in a help ticket and tried all of the above tricks to no avail. I am very sad. 

Login or Signup to post a comment