Start a new topic

Unresponsive Orba? Follow these steps

Follow this article for step-by-step instructions.

1 person likes this idea

The updated article made a few things clear, but my Orba is still bricked up after following all the steps.
(Isn't recognized by Windows, and in the debug windows when using the "shift" method it isn't even recognized as a DFU device.)
And I still don't get how I am supposed to get those Debug & Update logs.
All I get is this Information after pressing the "i" button.

1 person likes this

Unresponsive App

ORBA looks that is charging:

The blue light on 1

The green light on 8

But can't interact with the app. 

Can't see the serial number, and the firmware version, but the App version it's  0.14.16

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 person likes this

It looks from the screenshot as if your Orba isn't connected. Tap the Orba icon next to the Artiphon logo button at top right to bring up the Bluetooth device list, and then tap Artiphon Orba to connect.

Connected my Orba to another PC, I was able to reanimate it using the "Holding-Shift" method

this thing is nothing but a 100 dollar paper weight! got mine thursday. Let it recharge for 3 hours. it worked for about 1 hr. then it shut down and wont turn on is unresponsive. looking at the return policy I would say these guys released this thing to make money even if it fails. To have your returns honored you have to return it in the original box with all cables and paper work included. sorry but my significant other tossed that stuff a few hours after i set it up. does this i cant return it? Also the damn thing dosent even have a android app. the computer app was barley functional. I WANT A NEW FUNCTIONING UNIT OR MY MONEY BACK!

1 person likes this

ANYONE FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT????

3 people like this

Don't give up on it just yet; it sounds very much as if the charge simply ran down. How were you charging it for those three hours? Did the app show it as fully charged when you started using it? Try charging it off mains power rather than a computer, give it at least two hours, and check the charge in the app. After charging you might need to do the force-reboot thing (press & hold power and volume-down together for 10 seconds) to bring it out of its trance.

been there don that! this thing is dead not out of power. it has been recharged. restarted. - volume and power held for ten seconds. it wont freaking start.  please replace the unit or return my money!

1 person likes this

I want to be clear. I have done everything suggested on this forum. when connected to my computer it dosent even register. it wont start or show any life at all. I think it has a bad power connection or power cell. but I  am done trying to figure it out. that is not my job. I am only interested in a replacment or a refund. not an email fest. so where do I send this thing.?

1 person likes this

You'll need to contact Artiphon for that; I'm just another Orbaphile trying to help get you back up & running. It's very unlikely that your unit is actually faulty; most seemingly dead Orbas have so far turned out to be the result either of a run-down battery or a failed firmware update. To double-check, it was showing a green full charge in the app and/or all green lights lit on a power-button press-and-hold when you started playing? I ask because in my experience the Orba takes a long, long time to charge (MUCH more than three hours) from a computer; mains charging is faster but still takes a while. Mine has been sitting charging for the last four or five hours from my Mac mini and is still only lit to the fourth tab. And the power can drain surprisingly fast if it's left on. I'd still very strongly recommend leaving it to charge overnight as the next step and then doing a force restart again if it's not turning on.

(Sorry, single press on the power button, not press-and-hold, obviously – that's to turn it off.)

This morning on once again going through the steps suggested for resurrection from DFU, my Orba came back to life, alas only for a minute of two before a blinking red light at pad 8 and then back to sleep (dead, no pulse). To be honest I think it only stirred to say goodbye. I suspect a faulty power cell tbh. Day 13 and multiple tickets = no response from Artiphon until late last night, when I was asked to update my ticket(s) to confirm that I still had an issue. It is a very pretty paperweight though.

1 person likes this

I had a hard time, but I recovered safely.

It didn't work when the batteries were completely zero.

The operation while charging did not go well. Let's fully charge it before executing.

However, since the LED does not light up, You cannot confirm whether it is charged or not.

I think you should charge it for about 3 hours.

I don't know how the Orba charging manager works, but there seems to be a threshold of power draw below which it won't charge at all. USB adapters (e.g. to charge it off a Thunderbolt port), different third-party cables, or simply the power output from your host device can all be a factor. The only way to be sure a discharged Orba (where it's got to the point where it won't turn on and so you can't use the green lights to check charge level) is receiving an adequate level of charge is to use mains power. Three hours should be adequate. It may need a force reboot afterwards to make it realise it's charged now and is allowed to wake up. A faulty cell is always a possibility, but it's always likelier that something is simply failing in the charging process, so it'll help if that can be ruled out (or in!).
Hello everybody, I’m relaunching this subject because I meet the same issue after the last firmware update (0.14.21). I have received my Orba the 13th October and until now he worked really fine. The new firmware was released so I have launched the update but an error was occured during the loading in the desktop app. The Orba and the app are shutted down and my Orba was gone to the DFU mode... I have tried everything but nothing is working. My Orba is recognized by my computer because I have the USB sound when I’m plugging/unplugging it but I don’t find the Orba on the computer. So the Orba is not really died but completly out like a « brick ». I have contacted Artiphon through a ticket and they proposed me to replace the Orba, but the Orba is not the problem, it’s the firmware ! Nothing guarantee me that with a new Orba I will not meet the same issue. I would like to know if we have any update to force the Orba to come back ^^ Thank you.
Login or Signup to post a comment