Start a new topic

Feature Request: Quantization

I thought posted but couldn't find my thread.  If it's a re-post, moderator feel free to delete.

I'm a music newbie here, but I do have a few Teenage Engineering pocket synths.  At present, it doesn't appear that the Orba quantizes natively, correct?  I can't always finger drum on beat and it's driving me nuts.

17 people like this idea

Any updates about the quantization?

2 people like this
Don't worry, it's at the top of their list. /s

2 people like this

So true. And luckily there are more features high on that list for a long time. The big advantage is an incredibly long battery life. At least I'm assuming the battery won't wear out excessively by not using the Orba.

1 person likes this

Saw an ad for this as a tool for teaching kids- seems like quantization would be helpful for that, no?

1 person likes this

Two years and no quantization? I give up. Without quantization, this thing doesn't work for me. 

2 people like this

yes.. hella sus. Since "High up on our list?" two years ago, Orbacam happened... I get the feeling this is forum is just to "tame the customers" as Artiphon concentrates on features that excite sales.. And orbacam? I seem to remember someone saying something two years ago in the vain of "Orba is not a toy" - action speaks louder than words..

1 person likes this

I applaud the company's efforts with the new synth. Great update. I am not in this forum to say negative things. I love the Orba so far. And also I crave quantization so I am bumping this post. Devs - please allow us to quantize beats and sounds. 

Login or Signup to post a comment